New Jersey
Options

married and reviews 08/03/12

Hey Everyone, 

Finally everybody that was visiting for the wedding has left and I have a little bit of time to myself.
first some pictures!

then the reviews:

venue: The Grove, Cedar Grove A++
I know a lot of people are weary about the place but everything was perfect. Michael was our maitre D' and they couldn't have better taken care of us. They were very arranging for everything I asked for. I was able to get there at 12 for a 6 pm ceremony and the bridal attendant was the most adorable person. She stayed by my side the whole night, helping me with my bustle, making sure Husband and I got food and any thing we needed or wanted. The food was delicious and plentiful, a lot of people told me afterwards that they actually ate too much at the cocktail hour as it was so good and there was so much food.
They had a small issue in the afternoon when the whole town lost power, but resolved it quickly and efficiently.

flowers: the potted geranium, East Hanover A++
From our first appointment, Vito and I got along perfectly, he totally got what I wanted and executed it perfectly. The flowers and the ceremony decors were perfect, and the centerpieces that I brought back home, are still looking good after more than a week. His price was also reasonnable.

make up: Gina Brozon, caldwell NJ A++
Gina was perfect, from the trial to the wedding day. She perfectly made my dream come true to have something natural but enhancing my eyes. She also did my step mom, MOH and mother in law and everyone was very happy. She didn't even worried when we lost power and AC (!) as we were getting ready. My make-up stayed perfect all night, and I even managed to keep my fake eyelashes for the night after party we had in the city.

Hair: a friend of mine did it and it was perfect!

Cake:
Palermo A++
it was included with the venue. Went there for the tasting in april, chose and had not issue. It was exactly was we had decided and it was delicious!

favors: chocolate fantasia in Lyndhurst
We got our favorite chocolates for everyone and we ended up paying 2 dollars per person, everybody took their and loved them. They were quick to fill our order, wrapping it and even adding ribbons in our colors.

photograph: Corinda bravo photography
I haven't seen her referenced on the site, but she is a friend of mine and I am beyond happy with the pictures! Working with her was really easy. She has someone to help her and the pictures we have seen so far are great I highly recommend her!

invitations: cards and pockets A++
I designed our invitation, ordered everything printed from them and did the mounting with my MOH. They were easy to work with, fast and I had no issue at all.

hotels: Best western and Hampton Inn in Fairfied A+
Same here, the two persons I dealt with were nice and easy to work with. All the guest were happy, brakfast was awesome. There was just a glitch with the shuttle from the hampton Inn but the problem was easily resolved.

Dress:
I got a Maggie sotero dress from a small bridal boutique in Florida.
They were really nice, we went without an appointment, let me try as many dress as I wanted until I found the one. Bought the floor model for a reduced price and I am so in love with my dress and I get to wear it again when we have our reception in France for the rest of my family who couldn't come to the us!

Alteration:Hollywood bridal in Kenilworth A++
There were perfect and timely. The dress was fitting like a glove.

MOH: 
We originally got a dress from rue lala but she lost a lot of weight and thus had to find a dress last minute and she found one even better at jcrew

rings
Amazon, very simple and efficient.

video:
The former collegues of husband offered the video for the wedding as it's their job, they don't normally do wedding, they work more for TV but they were there but at the same time invisible. I am waiting on the film.

They are not per say a wedding band, but husband and his closest friends are friend with them and have been doing all of their weddings and they are awesome. Swing bands doing a lot of classics with makes everybody dance, no matter their age. They even learned songs for our first dance and the father-daughter song.

I think I did not forgot anything!

Re: married and reviews 08/03/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards