Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

DTyler Photography

summerluv121, you may have saved my life!I had a photographer booked already but have been having some problems in the planning process with him, so I have been looking to book someone else.  I have a small photography budget because I thought we had gotten so lucky with our first photographer. Ha! Turns out there's a reason for that.  But when I saw summerluv's post that DTyler is having a 60% off special I went immediately to his web site and have been e-mailing with him today. So far he has communicated with me more in one day than our first photographer did in 5 months.Except now I'm a little gun-shy about booking another photographer. What if he turns out to be not so helpful too, in the end? So my question is, who is familiar with Deacon Tyler? Anybody talked with him or used him? I'd really like some honest opinions before I make this decision! Thank you!!

Re: DTyler Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Bently & Wilson....they have great budget prices and a ton of girls here have used him. I also agree with pp on Joey Allen...I checked out his website and he's got great prices too. You could check out these vendors too:http://www.photovegas.com/media-packages.htmhttp://www.captureproductionslv.com/I know my response has nothing to do with the photographer you're asking about....but I figured having options is always a good thing!Def. check out the Vegas Resources list of vendors too! Link in my sig.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "I also agree with pp on Joey Allen."Please disregard this in my first post.....ummm yeah I read these posts all day long and I obviously am combining ones now LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, thanks! I did already check the resource page and unfortunately Todd was booked. Otherwise I definitely would have gone with him since he comes so highly recommended on here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kellie,So glad that you find my post helpful! =)Since I cancelled our meeting, I can't provide anymore help on your question, but I do think he's very nice and professional as far as the emails go. I sent him like 15 emails asking gazillon questions and he was always happy to answer everything. Oh ask for some sample galleries of customers from Deacon, (instead of just looking at the portofolio pics on his site). that way you get a better feel of his work. I also considered Joey Allen. I liked his style and he's a bit cheaper than Deacon. In the end I wanted to meet Deacon because he is full-time, has 8 years of experience and brings a 2nd shooter. But if you feel iffy, definitely try Joey Allen. Knotties are more familiar with him.If you can, meet with the photographer before you book. It's important that you get along with him. (Oh if you do meet Deacon please tell him Summer says hi =p I feel bad that I cancelled our meeting the day before hehe.)Anyways, good luck to you! And don't stress! Last resort, there's always like 200 people on craigslist willing to shoot for next to nothing. You will find at least some decent ones outta those.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check weddingwire.com...i saw a review of him on there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought Joey A wasnt doing weddings anymore..thats what i get from his blog anyways
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kellie, Definitely go with Deacon! I've worked with Deacon before and he is amazingly patient and such a sweetheart. And his pictures are amazing! I did the same thing that summerluv121 did and cancelled my meeting with him the day before I was set to meet with him, too. Hubby went and booked a different photographer, some jerk that acted more like a drinking buddy than a professional. The entire meeting he ignored me and talked right at my then-F.H. like this was 1809 and us women-folk couldn't make decisions. I had emailed Deacon to the point where I was worried I'd get put into his spam folder, but every reply came back quickly and friendly. It's the little things like how he ends every email with 'warmest regards' that made me feel special. Well the cancellation duty fell onto me and I chickened out. I ended up emailing instead of calling and was expecting a nice crap storm back from him. Instead he sent me an email filled with well wishes, telling me that it was alright and invited us to his studio. I felt horrible after reading it. I kept him on the hook for weeks and then flaked out at the last minute. Well surprise, surprise, my 'drinking buddy photographer' ended up flaking on us and returned our deposit LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS BEFORE MY WEDDING!!!! He gave some sorry excuse at around midnight that I didn't see until 8am....three hours before this jerk was due to show up. I was a complete mess. Through tears, I called the only other photographer I had in my Blackberry and this peach of a man not only helped console me, but dropped what he was doing and raced out with his assistant. I hadn't even paid him yet!!! If I told you that my wedding went off without a hitch, I would be lying. I lost my veil...Deacon's assistant drove to their studio and made me a veil out of prop translucent fabric, a white scrunchie and a white hairband. They also showed me how to cut the cake, gave me ideas, helped us pose - everything. Worst part about this (and I didn't realize it until the night was almost over) my guests and family treated Deacon and his assistant like crap. The 'Drinking Buddy Photographer' was a friend of the family and people resented the dressing down I gave this worthless piece of crap and decided to take out their anger on Deacon. I won't even repeat the stuff they said or did to them, but as the drinks got flowing, the attitudes grew worse. So after everything, my photos looked AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. They have a good idea for romance and really go out of their way to please customers. In six hours of shooting, we got like 700+ photos! I was too embarrassed to even apologize to them. I didn't even email my thanks. After all they did for us, my guests made sure that they had the worst time of their lives. But since my wedding was Murphey's Law, why should it be any different afterwards? I took the DVD down to Walgreen's to get prints and they lost or broke my only DVD! You can only guess what happened next. I called Deacon, again in tears, and AGAIN he consoled me, sent out another DVD overnight and then a week later sent me out sample prints. When I compared their prints to the crap Wal-Mart gave me (no, I wasn't about to go back to Walgreen's lol) I put through a large print order with Deacon. Moral of the story: Quit trying to find who you THINK is the best photographer and find a photographer like Deacon that knows how to treat customers! Kellie, if you don't book Deacon, I might blow a fuse, lol. Ever since I last spoke to him, I've been painting every forum I can find with recommendations and if I can send over at least one person to him, it might make up for some of the crap we put him through!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards