Nevada-Las Vegas

Elvis

For those that have or are going to book Elvis, how did it all work out? Who did you use? How much did he charge? We are having a very small reception at Maggiano's with probably 15 people, and I'm looking at ways to entertain them. We are not having a DJ, just an iPOD. Does he announce himself then? Also, does he bring his own sound system? If we start dinner around 7-7:30, would it be enough time to eat if we had him show up at 8:30? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Elvis

• edited December 2011
    I've been wondering the same things, so thanks for posting the questions! We're leaning toward Maggiano's with Eddie Powers as Elvis.
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have hired Travis Allen, he is $400 for an hour $250 for 30 minutes. He does bring a portable sound system with him. I'd maybe allow a bit longer than 1-1/2 hours for your meal, to account for any delays and people gossiping while they eat. it might be safer to get him to arrive at 9 if you want everyone to be finished before he is there. Though I know other people have had him arrive while they are eating and it has worked out well
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Eddie Powers.  It was $375 for 30 minutes.  He was the absolute hit of the party.  I have a few pics in my married bio.We had a DJ so he used that sound system, but absolutely could have brought his own.  We were at Maggiano's as well.  Our reception started at 8, we arrived around 8:30 and I had Eddie come at 10:30pm. 
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have booked a guy named Darren Lee (www.darren-lee.com) and it was $275 for 45 minutes. He performs in an impersonator show in Vegas, I believe at the Luxor.We pay in cash the day off...and he brings his own sound system.
  • edited December 2011
    So FI completely vetoed my Elvis idea. I thought it would be fun and entertaining, but he said, "When people ask if we had Elvis at our wedding, I don't want to be able to say 'yes.'" I guess I kind of get it because people around here like to talk trash on a wedding in Vegas, but they're not invited anyway, so I don't see why it matters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    PP- why'd you give him the option? (just kidding) :) My hubby did not know about my Elvis plans- no one did.  Travis was a hit and everyone really enjoyed him- even my hubby.What you said about people's ideas about Vegas weddings is true though.  The one thing I heard several times from the older relatives was that I had done everything with real class.  This of course only made me think about what they thought my Vegas wedding was going to be like.
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a surprise too- for everyone but my MOH! I asked for her opinion and she thinks it's a brilliant idea. This coming from the girl who said she wouldn't come if Elvis married us makes me trust the opinion even more!
  • edited December 2011
    jusstice - I hope I get similar responses after MY wedding.It will be a first Vegas trip for nearly all of my guests, and I get the feeling that many people are thinking it's going to be a cheesy "joke" wedding. Some people are even surprised that I'm wearing a real wedding dress...?I don't want an "Elvis" wedding, however I feel like it would be funny, after the ceremony, to give people what they've been expecting... Elvis. It will be a surprise to everyone except me and FI.
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elvis was a surprise to everyone, including DH. When people ask me if Elvis as at our wedding I simply tell them no, but that he was at our reception :) As for the wedding itself, I was very fortunate to be able to write our entire ceremony and have my Mom's MOH officiate.  many of our guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to.   Let people think what they want and then ask them afterwards if it was anything like what they had pictured and I'll guarantee you it won't be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards