Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reviews 2012.05. Part 3 + links to pro & non pro pics

Southwest Airlines: A   We had never flown Southwest before but we to give it a shot. We drove from northern Ontario to Buffalo for our flight.  Southwest was so much cheaper than Air Canada or Westjet out of Toronto so it was a no brainer for us (Buffalo is about a  2 hour drive past Toronto) plus we wouldn’t have to go through customs when we landed in the States, as we would be driving through the border.  Our flight was early 7am and we paid the $10 earlybird checkin fee – I was worried about having a spot to put my dress in the overhead bins.  We were A31 & 32. Perfect.  Flight was good, no problems with luggage and arrived in Vegas a half hour early.  On the way home, we skipped early bird and were B3 & 4. Excellent. Good seats – flight was on time, no problems with luggage and our male flight attendant was hilarious.  He had me laughing out loud.  I’d most definitely fly Southwest again.

New York New York : A+  We booked NYNY as a package with our Southwest flight and got a pretty good deal I think. We paid about $745 for 8 nights here.  No complaints on the price.  Yes there is a resort fee of $16.80 per day.  I’m ok with that because we used the internet a lot.  Using at least 3 devices daily. Lots of imessages to our families and other guests – saving the $0.60 per text message fee (remember I’m from Canada so using my phone in the states can cost big bucks), uploading pics and checking out maps etc.   Our room was a good sized corner room on the 15th floor with a view of MGM, Tropicana & Excalibur.  King size bed was comfy, not quite as comfy as PH, but close.  Shower had good pressure (I have thick hair so this is important to me!), and hotel staff were absolutely fantastic.  We used the bell desk a lot.  And every bell man we dealt with was great.  The lady that checked us in asked all about our wedding plans and was super friendly.  Most of our guests stayed here too, so it was easy to meet up with our parents and other guests.  Pool re-opened the day we arrived.  Nothing fancy, but it looks good and cooled me off when I needed it.  I would definitely stay here again and I’m pretty sure our guests would too.

Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab:  A+++   Joe’s was perfect.  That about sums it up.  Beth was hands down my favorite person to deal with while planning (and I liked every one of my vendors).  She answered all my silly questions and fast.  Honestly sometimes I had a response to an email within the hour.  She wasn’t around the night of our party or when we arrived to drop things off – she was on her honeymoon – so she was forgiven J.  In Beth’s absence I dealt with Jessica – who was also fantastic and knew all our details when we showed up. The Gigi room was the perfect size for our 32 guests – we had originally booked it to hold about 45 so I was worried it would feel too big for our smaller crowd.  Not even a little bit.  We had 6 tables for dining, a cake pop/guestbook table, our DJ and a dance floor.  Perfect.  The food – oh my god – the food.  Our guests RAVED about how good it was.  All of it.  “The best _______I’ve ever eaten”  insert steak, salmon, crab, mashed potatoes, pie here.  I had the crab cakes – they were literally all crab, I could only eat one. There is a pic of our menu in the link to pics I’ll post below.  So apparently Joe’s is famous for their key lime pie.  I don’t like key lime pie so I had the peanut butter pie.  Holy mother of goodness.  Nom.  Sooo delicious.  I was soo sad that I was too full to eat more than a few bites.  Next time I see a Joe’s I’m going for the peanut butter pie – before the main course.  The service was also phenomenal.  One of my friends told me she had been sitting for an hour and a half and her wine was still at the same level because they keep refilling it – she told me she was worried about standing up!  We had a male and a female host, the female was fantastic and on the ball and the male was hilarious – all of our guests loved him.  We were short on the room minimum so our female host (Heidi – I’m pretty sure that was her name) suggested we send our guests home with bottles of wine.  Great idea! Our guests certainly thought so – they were all so surprised and excited when we told them.  Like I said Joe’s was perfect.  I would change nothing.  I love Joe’s.  If you couldn’t tell.

DJ Godzilla – A : I loved Calvin.  He was a little slow on returning emails toward the end, so I had to check up on him a couple times, but it’s wedding season and I understand he’s a busy guy, so no problem.  I gave him a short list of must play songs.  He played them all.  My only little issue is that he played some during dinner/drinks when I meant them for the actually dancing part of the reception.  This is partially my fault because I guess I didn’t specify when I wanted the songs.  But I thought he might use “Start me Up” to get people on the dance floor but played it during dinner.  That disappointed me but again I didn’t specify when to play them.  So my advice is to do so!  Calvin was great to play the songs again when asked.  And he did have my guests dancing all night and that’s what I had asked him to do.  Overall he was great and so sweet in person just wanted to share my “specify when to you’re your songs advice”.

Tyler Freear  A : Tyler had been great via email and phone.  He showed up on time and started shooting right away.  He got all the little details and then we did our first look pics.  He caught some great moments.  The only list I gave him were for family shots, I decided to let him pick the locations for our shots down the Strip.  We ended up with some beautiful shots, but looking back I think I’m wishing we had more “Vegas” shots.  We have Caesar’s and Paris pics but I can’t help but feel that we could have done more.  A lot of our photos, while great, could have been taken anywhere.  As with Godzilla I feel like this is my fault for not specifying.  I thought I wanted Tyler to pick the locations, but looking back I wish I had done the picking.  At the time I was worried about running late for the reception so I wanted to get as many pics done as possible, so I didn’t want to detour.  This is my only true wedding regret and it’s not Tyler’s fault at all, I should have put this in a review on myself, but it ended up here J.  He had our pics up on his website in a week and our disc should arrive in one more week (again the Canada thing).  Tyler caught pics of just about all our guests and I really love the reception photos – except the ones of me singing and dancing because apparently I make crazy faces while doing so! LOL.  Overall he was fantastic to work with and we ended up with beautiful pictures.  Here’s the link

http://tfreear.photobiz.com/cart/gallery.cfm?photoID=644671&#selectphoto

The Palette:  B+ Pam was fast to respond and easy to deal with.   I told her I wanted small centerpieces with hot pink gerbera daisies and hot pink roses.  She gave us a good price so we went with her.  She placed a courtesy call confirming delivery place and time the day before the wedding – that was appreciated.  I didn’t see them delivered or set up, but they looked good and were pretty much what I pictured (I didn’t send any photo suggestions to her – I just let her do her thing).  I was happy with the finished product and she comped us a bag of rose petals for the tables, I have no complaints – I just didn’t have as much interaction with her as I did with my other vendors.

Viva Las Cake Pops : A  I saw these in another LV knottie’s pics and fell in love with the idea of cake pops.  Jackie was really awesome and super responsive.  I told her what we wanted and she delivered.  And the pops looked fantastic and tasted amazing.  The cake was good even a week later.  We gave all our guest 2 pops and had a bunch left over – which I loved because I got to snack on them for days J.  I definitely recommend Viva.

Here are some photos from our camera. Hope hte link works.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151766684010198.859111.543060197&type=1

I'm also going to post reviews of the restaurants etc where we ate that are NWR just because they were fantastic I just need a little review break right now!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Reviews 2012.05. Part 3 + links to pro & non pro pics

• Options
    Which couple are you on Tyler's website?
  • Options
    caper18caper18 member
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    oh sorry! I thought I linked right to our pics it's Ashley & Pierre.
  • Options
    How much were the centerpieces from the palette if you don't mind me asking? You look amazing by the way!! I love the colors you chose and I love how PH did the flowers around the platform you're standing on in the ceremony. Your photos came out gorgeous by the way!

Oh and another question (sorry lol) how tables did you find 6 tables to be cramped with the dance floor and DJ and did you have an extra table for the cake? I know Beth said it could fit up to about 70 with the dance floor (which would be about 9 tables although we'll probably stick with 8) but I don't want us to be cramped and I would assume the cake needs it's own table or do they give you a smaller table for the cake?

Sorry for all the questions lol. :P
  • Options
    caper18caper18 member
    The centerpieces were $40 each.  The room was definitely not cramped with 6 tables and yes we had an extra table for the cake - it was the same size as the sweetheart table (square). You should be fine with 8 tables, the cake table, DJ & a dance floor.  I would assume they would flip the orientation of the dance floor to paralell with the bar if there were 8 tables, it would give you a bit more room.

Thank you for the compliments :) I'm so excited about how everything turned out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-201205-part-3-links-to-pro-non-pro-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:20191ec2-5f03-47fd-a5f6-389096b31387Post:c6af9e39-0606-48d6-a740-e0ed4ceb954e">Re: Reviews 2012.05. Part 3 + links to pro & non pro pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh sorry! I thought I linked right to our pics it's Ashley & Pierre.
    Posted by caper18[/QUOTE]

No problem...love your pics! So glad to see another bride with a tea length dress, I haven't seen that many. Your cake pops look yummy...FI wants cupcakes but maybe I can convince him we need both. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-201205-part-3-links-to-pro-non-pro-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:20191ec2-5f03-47fd-a5f6-389096b31387Post:5dd25f0d-fda7-49b9-8f7f-4bdebbf0879f">Re: Reviews 2012.05. Part 3 + links to pro & non pro pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]The centerpieces were $40 each.  The room was definitely not cramped with 6 tables and yes we had an extra table for the cake - it was the same size as the sweetheart table (square). You should be fine with 8 tables, the cake table, DJ & a dance floor.  I would assume they would flip the orientation of the dance floor to paralell with the bar if there were 8 tables, it would give you a bit more room. Thank you for the compliments :) I'm so excited about how everything turned out.
    Posted by caper18[/QUOTE]

<div>Alright thank you I appreciate it! :)</div>
  • Options
    VireydaVireyda member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    Love your photos!!  Especially the ones in the crosswalk!  Looks like you had an amazing day and you look fabulous!  Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Options
    Hooray!!  Congrats, Mrs!  You looked so beautiful and I'm so glad everything went well :)  We kept Jackie and Calvin busy last weekend!  Hahahaha!

Congrats again!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    {Formally Hiltonsgirl}
  • Options
    Love your dress!  Very cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh love the pics!! beautiful!!! So happy things went great... So happy to be a ph bride too!! I've been dying to see more pics of ph ceremonies.. Yours was the most beautiful ive seen!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reviews. Love the pics. You look beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    caper18caper18 member
    Thank you everyone! I can't believe it's all over!
  • Options
    Congratulations.  You look wonderful.  I love that dress and those shoooes! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love your dress and pics!  Congrats Mrs.!
  • Options
    Congrats, great pics and reviews!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

Awesome! So pretty, thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards