Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

pheeding the photographer?

Heh.  Ok, so Todd is our photographer and are we supposed to feed him at the reception?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: pheeding the photographer?

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had him for 8 hours so we didn't even consider not feeding him.  Some photogs actually put it in their contract that you're supposed to.  Our venue provided discounted meals for vendors so we fed Todd, our DJ and our Photo Booth attendant.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I provided a vendor meal for him from Maggianos, but since we didn't have a contract it wasn't required.
  • Options
    ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you don't feed him he will have to leave to get food and eat it. And then he might miss something at your reception. At least if you have him for more than 3 hours. If it's a strip tour and your not stopping to eat then he can probably wait also.

• Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Along these feeding the vendor lines, we are having masterpiece cuisine for a heavy apps reception, is it ok to just tell Todd and our DJ to just help themselves to any of the food? Or should I do something else for them?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_pheeding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:21b0e2be-bc87-462d-a8c8-fa1983be8453Post:ce7f9e63-c73d-4c55-8862-79d62409002f">Re: pheeding the photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Along these feeding the vendor lines, we are having masterpiece cuisine for a heavy apps reception, is it ok to just tell Todd and our DJ to just help themselves to any of the food? Or should I do something else for them?
    Posted by hstaples4[/QUOTE]
    Nah, you shouldn't have to get any special food for them, if it's good enough for your guests it should be good enough for your vendors.  :)
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photog (Mike L) has a clause in the contract about being fed hot food at some point during the day; if that isn't possible, they must be allowed an hour to leave and get food.  Even if there wasn't a contract, I'd still want to feed them.

Our vendor meal was $30, and I think that's no big deal considering how much work goes into shooting a wedding (prep, day-of, and after).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our photographer, Deacon, has it in his contract as well. If we don't feed them, they get to leave to find themselves food. We have vendor meals for them for dinner (chicken), and for lunch, I'm just planning on getting some snack trays and possibly catering and just tell them to help themselves if their hungry. Happy belly = happy photographer :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what is pheeding? new chat lingo?
    Fuuck your feelings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_pheeding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:21b0e2be-bc87-462d-a8c8-fa1983be8453Post:32841a59-68d7-441d-bb57-65e70b5d8d4a">Re: pheeding the photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I provided a vendor meal for him from Maggianos, but since we didn't have a contract it wasn't required.
    Posted by kclschroeder[/QUOTE]

What kind of vendor meals did Maggiano's offer?
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_pheeding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:21b0e2be-bc87-462d-a8c8-fa1983be8453Post:64c2396c-548b-4313-9973-f6105a21ce6e">Re: pheeding the photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is pheeding? new chat lingo?
    Posted by verucasaltytoo[/QUOTE]

This is my way of making a joke.  I <3 puns. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_pheeding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:21b0e2be-bc87-462d-a8c8-fa1983be8453Post:375fb510-21ab-4304-ac43-a4f310f1784d">Re: pheeding the photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: pheeding the photographer? : This is my way of making a joke.  I <3 puns. 
    Posted by trexcrossing[/QUOTE]

i love puns too, i guess i just dont get it lol
    Fuuck your feelings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_pheeding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:21b0e2be-bc87-462d-a8c8-fa1983be8453Post:6541ea04-cd86-4930-a947-8a4ceac873bd">Re: pheeding the photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: pheeding the photographer? : What kind of vendor meals did Maggiano's offer?
    Posted by MarryingmyKnight[/QUOTE]

I believe Cassy said they get to pick off the normal dining room menu...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are inviting Todd to sit with us and eat since we will all be at one big table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards