Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Welcome to Las Vegas sign pics

So I've seen a lot of great pictures with all the wedding guests in front of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign.  We are debating whether it is feasible or not.  Our wedding is at 7pm at Mandalay Bay and the reception starts at 8 (also at MB).  We thought it was about a five minute walk to the sign but our wedding coordinator said it is more like 20 minutes and she does not recommend walking.  Is it really a 40 minute walk round trip from Valley of the Falls?  I don't think we would have time to do it if that is the case.  Also I don't want to ask our guests to walk that far.  Has anybody done this and have any insight?  I appreciate any advice you can give me!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Welcome to Las Vegas sign pics

• Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also booked for the Valley of the Falls and we are planning a strip tour before the ceremony.  We r driving to the sign and whatever other sites to take pics.  Are taking pics before the ceremony an option for you?  Either way, I don't  think I'd  recommend walking.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not walkable.  Unfortunately, there's always a line of tourists there too and you'd have to wait in line to take pics so I think getting that done in the hour between your ceremony and reception might be tough. =/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you'd need at least two hours of available time from when your ceremony and photos are over to leave, take pics and make your arrival at your reception if you wanted to do it.  Just traversing the resort to get to transportation, getting to the sign, hoping there's parking, waiting in line, limo may have to drop you and circle until you're done, drive back, get through drop off, walk to reception, etc. will take a lot longer than it seems like it should, but it really will.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It i's a great picture, but I wouldn't drag all your guests all the way there (much less make them all walk) just for a picture. If it's part of a strip tour or something, I'm all about it, but I think it's a bit of an inconvenience to your guests for a single shot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you wanted pictures with a very small group of people, wedding party?, you should alot for an hour to do it and hopfully it would be less.  If your ceremony is at 7, then you are giving yourself about a half hour before your reception.  Are you ok with not being at the reception right at 8?
    The Las Vegas sign picture was "the" picture I had to have.  We left our chapel from north of the Stratosphere, drove ourselves and my sisters to the sign, waited in a short line luckily and were back to Planet Hollywood within an hour.  It helped that my brother in law drove so he dealt with parking after we piled out of the car. 
    While we were waiting in line two wedding parties showed up, one with Todd, and took their pictures off to the side of the main line and this seemed to work out well for them.  Do you have your own photographer?  They might be able to get your to the front of the line faster.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the advice!  Looks like it is a no go for getting a picture with all of the guests there.  We are doing a strip tour just the 2 of us before the wedding so we'll get our picture in front of the sign then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having ceremony at 7 and reception at 8 both at MB as well.  we are doing the photo tour including the sign during the day before the ceremony with just the wedding party.  im probably going to rent a limo or little bus for the tour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards