North Carolina

How much did you pay for catering? (Triangle Area)

I have a tasting on Tuesday with the caterer we really want to book. They said they were ;surprised the date was still open even though it's over 16 months away...I'm skeptical about that, but I've decided to buy into their time pressure and just book on the spot if the price is reasonable. Problem is, I have no idea what's reasonable and no set budget for food--I just don't want to be taken advantage of & waste money! So -- what did you (or are you going to) pay for a buffet-style reception in the Triangle, and what did you get for it?? Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much did you pay for catering? (Triangle Area)

• SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    The country club I am doing my reception at offers a buffet option with two startches, two veggies, and two proteins (as well as beer and wine...not based on consumption) for $100/person.  That price also includes two appetizers selections for the entire party.  Certianly do NOT pay more than that!  You should pay less since I am assuming alcohol isn't included with your caterer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • If it gets to the point in the meeting where you're not sure the prices are too high or not don't feel pressured to book. Go home and think about it, even just for the night. I had a vendor tell me how surprised they were the date we wanted was still available when I first asked, back in October. They still email me to tell me the date is open, four months later. 
  • The highest i've seen is $40/person. Though I found a reception site that's all inclusive (Right here in NC too!) and including chocolate fountain, 4 apps, veggies, beef, pasta, dessert as well as all the table settings, is only $25/person! Well worth it to me! But like i said, i think $40/person just for the catering alone shoud be your max!

Congrats, and i hope you don't give in to peer pressure! :)
  • We're going with Catering Works in Raleigh. I've heard really good things about them and you need to go to one of their tastings! Very good food. We're getting 3 passed apps, salad, 2 meats, and 2 sides for $26.50pp.

But don't forget, that first per person number is before....everything. Taxes, server, rental, setup all and everything else gets added in after. So really we'll be paying about $57pp, but no one will tell you that number upfront. 
    1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards