Nevada-Las Vegas

Help! Thinking of moving wedding reception to La Cave @ the Wynn. Cost?

Hello!  So I've put down a deposit on the Mix Reception at MB for our September wedding, but now I'm having doubts and thinking that I really want to have it at the Wynn.  The Wynn is a gorgeous hotel and I think the location would be really great for guests since it would be in the middle of the action and give them less expensive options for hotels.

My question is about the cost to do a reception at La Cave.  I've written restuarant services, but have yet to hear a response on cost and my WC hasn't been able to provide a number either.  Does anyone have a sense of what it might be?  I just need a definitive answer that it is or isn't out of my budget so I can stop worrying about changing the venue!

Re: Help! Thinking of moving wedding reception to La Cave @ the Wynn. Cost?

• Sure!  It's called the UltimateMix and the full details (including pricing) are here:  http://www.mandalaybay.com/things-to-do/weddings/theultimate-mix.aspx

Essentially, it takes care of everything:
    - Floral Bouquet & boutonniere
    - The chapel including the minister and pianist
    - One hour of photography
    - Two hour reception at the Mix with open bar and appetizers
    - Wedding cake
    - Champagne toast
    - Limo to get the wedding license at City Hall
    - Two nights at TheHotel (King Suite)

It's one of the pricier packages, but its really inclusive, which we loved in the first place.

How did you like having the reception at the Mix?  I'm so curious about how it was for you!
  • Sorry, can't help with costs, I had a in-suite and the catering person I worked with was extremely responsive, I'll be glad to share her email address if you wish, maybe she can help. A past knottie held her cocktail hour at La Cave this past November, maybe you can find info in her bio (?). If you click on the Knottie List in my siggy you'll be directed to all the various bios. HTH!
  • Just to give you a rough idea, we served heavy hors d'oeuvre, cake, booze and the total came to around $1K for 11 people.
  • I was looking into La Cave too. Here is some info. from an email that the restaurant events manager sent me:

La Cave, our wine and food hideaway at Wynn has definitely become a bride favorite for unconventional receptions.  The garden lounge is cozy and intimate, overlooking the Wynn pools.  The space has a bit more of a lounge feel, with cozy furniture that sits lower to the ground.  The space would work for more of a reception style event, with passed canapés, stations and a mix of standing and seating room.  The garden lounge is available at 6:00pm with a $7,000 minimum spend (excluding tax and gratuity).  Passed canapés start at $35 per person, per hour.
  • We are actually doing our reception at La Cave.  We are getting the back room and patio space and are planning on having about 50+.  We are doing 2 hours open bar, heavy hoer doeurves, a meat station and dessert station.  You are probably looking at min $140/head.  I have found the restaurant group very helpful and quick to respond, but I would recommend calling instead of emailing because they tend to be more responsive to that.  I know it is a bit more expensive than other locations, but with the type of food options we have there as well as the amazing space and service, I know it is worth the price.  We are also having our ceremony at the Wynn and it was really important for us to have everything in one hotel.  Hope that helps and good luck planning!  Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.
  • saragermansaragerman member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    if you want less expensive options for hotels and recption the wynn is not for you. Wynn/Encore are beauitful hotels but for rooms your looking at $200+ plus tax and $25 resort fee. As far as a hosted recpetion i would say no less than $5k. Iike the previous post i would call them directly. 

if you do decide to go with the wynn/encore you will not regret it. Probably the most beautiful hotel on the strip!

Good luck :)))
  • Thanks ladies!  I think we're going to keep everything at the Wynn.  We met with both WCs from MB and the Wynn today to see the properties and get a feel for how the big day would be.  But we both fell in love with the Mix and the view!  I feel relieved that we don't have to change anything (well, but the date of the event!)  YAYAY! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards