Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Poll: How much did you ask your bridesmaids to spend?

on their dress, shoes, hair and make-up, hotel room, plane ticket?
And what did you pay for, if anything?

Re: Poll: How much did you ask your bridesmaids to spend?

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For dresses, I asked them what their budgets were and let them pick their own dresses (picked color & fabric). Three girls chose dresses @ $150, one picked a $200 dress. I'm telling them to wear whatever jewelry and shoes they want and I'm paying for hair & makeup for them. Two girls are flying, one is driving and one lives in Vegas so the travel expenses vary. Edited for grammar.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im asked my girls to buy the dress which was 99.00. I bought shoes, jewlery and clutches.. They have to pay for make up which is 75.00.. 3 are flying from Alabama and one from Illinois.. so that will vary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Dresses- 100ish
    shoes- 50
    Hair/makeup- 135
    Trip about 400 per person

I didnt pay for anything.

BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask them there budget on dresses and work from there, also if YOU are requesting them get professional hair and make-up, I would pick up the tab on that. I paid for my BFF's and SIL's to get hair and make-up.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress: I asked them to wear black.  The dresses ranged from $150 down to something out of her closet.

Shoes: Whatever they wanted in black, white, or silver.  I know my younger sister found an awesome pair that matched the guys' wingtips at a thrift store for $10, no idea about the others.

Hair and makeup: I paid.  We were on kind of a compressed timeline, so it was easier to bring in a stylist and have us all get ready together than to leave them to their own devices, especially in an unfamiliar city.  They all opted to have their hair done, but to do their own makeup.

Hotel room/airfare: They were on their own.  We didn't block hotel rooms so they could stay wherever their preferences and budgets allowed.  We paid for one night's stay and gas money for my MOH, her husband, and another BM (all traveled together), because they'd planned to drive in the morning of the wedding and drive out that night, and I didn't want them being too exhausted to enjoy themselves.  We put them up in the Tuscany for $40.  We also fronted my brother and his wife money for airfare, but they paid us back.

ETA: We held our rehearsal and RD the afternoon of the Friday wedding, so we asked everyone to be there no later than noon on the wedding day.  Most of the people who were flying took advantage of the cheaper Wednesday-Saturday flights (flying Thursday-Sunday is much more expensive), and the guests who drove mainly arrived very late Thursday night or sometime Friday morning so they didn't have to take extra time off work.  We also hosted dinner Thursday night, lunch and dinner Friday, and brunch on Saturday to cut down on the extra expenses people had.  The three extra meals cost us about $500 total, and were much appreciated and well worth it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This subject gives me daily guilt!! I'm trying to make it as affordable as possible. I've asked my girls to wear a nice black dress, with pink or black dress shoes. So they could spend $20 or $200, but that's on them.

Travel, depending on where they're coming from will probably be $200-$300. I'd like my girls out there on Thursday for a Saturday wedding, so they'll probably spend $200-$300 on a room as well.

I am paying for hair and makeup as part of my gift to them. It is about $100/per person.

I feel so guilty for "forcing" peopleto spend money! I keep telling myself to BREATH and they either go to Vegas on occasion or have wanted to go, so it's a vacation for them.
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress:  I'm subsidizing their dresses and giving them $100 each toward the dress-- will likely give them a color from David's Bridal and let them choose the kind of dress they want, so hopefully they only have to pay about $40-$75 out of pocket for that.

Shoes: They can wear whatever they want-- I'll ask them for silver shoes, but if they already own a pair of silver ones, which I'm sure they do-- they're good to go.

Hair and makeup: I'm covering the tab on that, considering they're all paying for their own flights/hotel out in Vegas.

Flights/hotel: That's on them.  I'm staying in Mandalay Bay, but I suggested they could stay at Luxor (right next door and a lot cheaper) if they'd like.  I requested they come Thurs-Sat, and they're flying in from NY, Texas, and Boston, so flights can get pricey.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We aren't covering anything they are on their own.

The dress: I chose one that was $100
    Shoes: gave them a color to wear and they can find their own
    hair and make-up: They can wear it how they want, not going to tell grown ups how to do all that
    Hotel room: We have room blocks if they want to stay there
    Plane ticket: They are own their own for that too.

We tried to keep things a inexpensive as possible.  I asked them what their budget was for the dress and I sent them a bunch 10-12 dresses and they chose what they liked

I don't feel bad about it though, Vegas is not that expensive unless you want it to be, that was our main reason for choosing it.  I was in a wedding in Jamaica last year, the bride didn't help with anything, all 5 of use spent close to $2k for the trip and attire.  Ours is far less $400 total with room and flight.  They bought their tickets a long time ago and then 2 of them fly for free on Frontier so not a big deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The dress I picked (with their input) was very simple and was on sale from DB for about $85. I bought my MOH's and my other bridesmaid bought hers. I bought sashes and necklaces for both of them but neither one wore them, and I asked them to wear black shoes. They both found cheap flights and rooms.  My MOH needed her dress altered so she paid for that.  They both did their own hair and make up.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The BM dress that was decided on by everyone was $134, I bought their shoes which were about $35 I believe, I bought pearl studs for everyone, they'll get 3 different sized pairs each to keep of course (Forever21 has the cheapest stuff for things like this but still cute, fyi). They aren't wearing a necklace. Hair and Makeup - They have to pay if they want it, if they don't want it done it doesn't matter to me either way. Flight and hotel - Everyone's on their own.

Edit - I also bought them their hair flower, again from Forever21.

Edit again - I'll also be buying breakfast while getting ready, from Jason's Deli.

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told them wear a black dress, ANY black dress and they all picked a matching one that is $185 with tax and delivery.
    Shoes and jewelry-whatever they want.  Hopefully something they already own
    Hair and makeup-they are paying for whatever they are doing.  I am not requiring it.
    Travel-they will pay for their own.  But with room rates of the HIGH end room at $89 for Thursday and Sunday and $129 for Friday and Saturday, they are planning on making a long weekend and doing Thurs thru Monday.

I plan to get them all a flower fascinator that is being made for them plus their gifts. 
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls picked a dress from a local retail store that was on sale from the Christmas season. It was $185 on sale for about $60. They also bought their own shoes. I just wanted black and so they all bought a new pair of peep toe pumps. They could have used something in their closet but got new because of the money saved on the dress.

Flights cost about $550 and hotel about $80/night with our 20% discount. I have 3 maids and 2 are sharing a room while my sister will be with her husband.

Hair and makeup - ugh I'm dealing with this right now. I have my hair and make up included with my package at the salon in the MGM. I might arrange someone to come to the room to do their hair. Anyone else do this? Any recommendations? They all have said they want to do make up themselves.

Anyways, this whole thing has cost them more money that I like, but they seem fine with it. I have purchased some awesome necklaces and clutches for them.

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked them to wear a black dress. Any black dress. One got hers at Express for 50 dollars the other is contemplating something she already owns. I asked them to wear black shoes and again I said I didn't care what they looked like. One ordered hers for twelve dollars from amazon, and the other is wearing a pair she already owns. 

I also said I don't care what jewlery they wear and that it can be something they already own. I am not paying for hair and makeup, but I also didn't request they get it professionally done. They can do their own hair/makeup if they want. 

One lives in Phoenix so no airfare needed and she found a cheap hotel deal. The other is flying in from KC solo but didn't care how much it cost.

So I'm not paying for anything but gifts, but they can make it as cheap or expensive as they want. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've paid, or are paying for, our bridesmaids dresses, shoes, hair & makeup and hotel for two nights, groomsmen I bought them tuxes and ties, and hotel room for two nights.  Most of the girls are staying an extra day, by choice, so they're paying for their airfare, any extra hotel nights and their meals outside of the rehearsal dinner and wedding day.  The guys need to supply their own white shirt and black shoes, but they all already had those anyway, same as the girls on hotel and meals.

Some of them procrastinated on the flights so I figure most of the wedding party is having to spend anywhere from $400 to $800 if you include an extra hotel night and meals, recreation money, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for our wedding parties attire.  I am not requiring them to get their hair or make-up done and they can both do theirr own beautifully and probably like it better than a professional stylist/artiist.  They are wearing whatever shoes they already own and are comfortable in, and I purchased their jewelry.
    THeir flights/hotel are up to them...which is understandable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im paying for bridesmaid dresses, and hair.
    they can wear whatever shoes they want.
    i may also purchase some acessories for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm having my sister stand up with me.  She can wear whatever she wants in terms of dress, shoes, jewelry.  I asked her if she was interested in joining me for hair and makeup, but was not going to require it.  I'm paying for this and see it as a win-win.  It'll be fun getting ready together.  I had enough free flights on Southwest Airlines to get the airfare for 6 of the 10 of us.  Our parents had to buy their own.  Sorry mom & dad!  My FI & I are staying at MB but my family is staying at the Luxor to save on the hotel.  All in all, I think she's getting a pretty sweet deal.  ;)  Love you sis!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I brought my girls into david's bridal and I chose the color but they all picked the same dress. After tax it brought their dresses to $140. We found their shoes at a store in the mall which were $30 and they loved them! I am buying their accessories. Makeup and hair? uh not sure yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked my girls to wear the black dress of their choice.  I don't think anyone paid more than $100.00 on their dress.  I told them they could wear whatever shoes they wanted, and I don't think anyone bought new shoes.

I paid for hair for all of my girls.  I offered to pay for their makeup too, but they all wanted to do their own.

My dad paid for the airfare and hotel for 3 of my girls.  My fourth bridesmaid was only staying in town for one night, so she stayed with another guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DRESS- BM pay/choose. Neutral & long length.

SHOES- BM pay/choose. Neutral.

JEWELS- BM pay/choose. I requested pearls and to keep the look chic, trendy and feminine.

AIRFARE- BM pay. I feel if they want to come, they should pay to get there. 

ROOM- My parents pay for 2 nights in the Wynn. This is really something we debated on. Its pricey, but we can swing it. I love having everyone in our hotel. Some BM are extending their stay 2 nights in cheap hotels.

MAKEUP- DIY

HAIR- DIY

Estimated Total cost for them is $500

xxB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid for my BM dresses, and will buy their wedding day jewelry. They are paying for their own shoes, They  paid 540.00 for flight and hotel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had one MOH. We picked out our favorite dress which was like $160 +tax. I paid $100 of it. She wore shoes/ jewelry that she already owned. She also did her own hair and makeup.

She and her husband stayed at Excalibur which is connected to MB via a tram. They paid for their own room and airfare. (They could have chosen to drive since we live in California, but chose to fly).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found eggplant dresses on sale at JC Penney for $40 so I bought those. I asked that they wear black shoes. They each already had them. I bought them earrings, a black shawl, black clutch and paid for their hair and makeup. We didn't contribute anything toward their flights or hotel rooms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have 2 BMs. My bestfriend and my sister.

DRESS:
    I told them they should go shopping together (they both living back home in Chicago). Instructions are short-ish & burgandy/red.  They can spend what they want. Since I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo, I let them know they would get $20 off BM dresses through AA, but I don't care who/what as long as the color matches.

SHOES:
    Havn't said anything yet. Black heels. They most likely would wear that anyway. If they own them great, if they buy new ones great.

HAIR/MAKE-UP:
    I will pay for this if they want it done. Also will be paying for my mom.

AIR:
    They're paying for themselves. or more probable, my parents will pay for Sis (and Bro) but their dates will have to pay for their own air. Bestie is paying for her own air as well, but since her BF's birthday is the weekend before and he has to work in San Fansisco the week of the wedding, she's going to fly/drive down to my house and drive out with us to Vegas.

HOTELS:
    On their own. I know a few people plan on sharing rooms to save money.

ETA: I will be paying for lunch the day of the wedding while we are getting ready and brunch the morning after (possibly hitting up one of the buffets), if they are feeling up to it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For those paying for hair, makeup, jewelry, transport, etc. how much did you budget for gifts?  I'll be spending between $400 and $600 for gifts alone.  I can't imagine spending another $600 for hair/makeup and then another $600 for airfare. 
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_poll-much-did-ask-bridesmaids-spend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:73f317c3-3752-4703-b6c4-cf7e3370a25bPost:cc638885-91b9-45cb-9f7d-f023bca86179">Re: Poll: How much did you ask your bridesmaids to spend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those paying for hair, makeup, jewelry, transport, etc. how much did you budget for gifts?  I'll be spending between $400 and $600 for gifts alone.  I can't imagine spending another $600 for hair/makeup and then another $600 for airfare. 
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    I only paid for hair (about $75 each, I think), and left the rest of that up to them.  I spent roughly $30 each on my attendants, DH spent around $50 each on his.  I got all my gifts on eBay and he got pretty much all of them on sale, so they retailed for much more than what we paid.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for attire (whole WP shoes and accessories included), hair & make up for the girls, barber shop shaves etc for GM's.

They will be paying for their air/hotel costs.

We plan on spend up to $50 for gifts for each WP member.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See, I'd rather spend more on a gift than on hair/makeup for them.  Hmmmmm, that's a dilemma.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dresses: They paid.  Picked out a color and style they each liked.

Jewels & Shoes: Whatever they wanted to wear.  I gave them each a custom charm bracelet.

Hair & Makeup: I paid, it was part of my gift to them.

Hotel & Air: It was up to them.  One did timeshare, one went all out and stayed at the Wynn, one stayed at TI.  We only requested they be there Friday and Saturday and the rest was up to them.  We also made sure anyone that was in the wedding party and wanted a ride to/from the airport was taken care of.

The tux rental was about equivalent to the dress cost and the guys all got a shave from art of shave the day of the wedding that we paid for.

Edit: one of the things I liked about us all having hair and make-up done together was the time we got in the suite with one another prior to the wedding.  It was very fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am always late to all of these parties BUT

I did not have bridesmaids standing up with me, but my very best friends wanted to match and be involved (weird I know). I bought all of their dresses from forever 21 ranging for $15-$24. I guess I got a steal! I know they were not too "bridesmaidy" but I jut wanted them to be comfortable and look hot. :) I bought it for them since 3 of them were switching jobs and dead broke, and one is going through a divorce so also dead broke. They were all stressed out about buying a dress, and since I knew they had already spent hundreds on their hotels I bought them.

Hair/ Makeup they did themselves

Hotels- 2 of my girlfriends and their SOs split a room at the Palazzo and they paid. 1 shared with some other friends, and the other got one with her SO.

Transportation- We all drove so everyone carpooled

Shoes/ Accessories- Since all of my girls liked different dresses, I bought them all a matching clutch and put little gifts in there- gum, spot remover pen, aspirin, etc. All of their shoes and jewellery they already had.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards