Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

When to book?

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you could give me some input on when to book Makeup, transportation, and anything else I might be forgetting. I'm also not too sure on when to order/send out invitations.

I have my ceremony (TI), Reception (Panorama Suite), Catering (Masterpiece cuisine) and Photographer (Mile L) booked, and am hoping to wait a little bit for having to put more deposits down.

My wedding is Oct. 7 2010. Any suggestions on when to book the rest?

TIA!

Re: When to book?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm 3 months out and still don't have my transport done.  I figured if I do it by 2 months I'm good.  I had make-up done shortly after geting my wedding and reception booked.  I think on make-up it really depends on if you have your heart set on a specific person.  My plan was to send invites out this Monday on our 3 month mark, but i'm a little behind.  We sent save the dates though around 8 months.
  • Options
    Lulu80301Lulu80301 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda anal, and expecting a baby in a few weeks, so I have everything booked already- our rooms, flights, ceremony, reception, hair/makeup, transportation, photographer (our wedding is October 2, 2010).

We're sending out inivtations 3 months prior, and Save The Dates 6 months prior, both of which have already been ordered, lol.

I just have to finish up our website for guests and buy a dress and I'm all set. (except for picking the menu/cake/flowers, which doesn't get done until 2 weeks before the wedding).

My advice is get everything booked asap, 'cuz why wait? You have time but I"ve found that Oct is a busy month and things book quickly. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both, that helped a ton!

Lulu Congrats on the baby girl! I have an 8 month old, and I definitely think you did the right thing booking everything early because you will not want to focus on that after she is born! : )
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're coming up on two months out.  I finally arranged for my hair and makeup last week, I just need to send her the deposit.  We haven't booked transportation yet because I'm trying to get a final headcount of what WP spouses want to tag along for photos.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards