Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

I think there should be a sticky...

for In-Suite information, since there are so many repeat questions asked regarding having one. Don't get me wrong, I asked the same questions, but just a thought! I could volunteer myself to write up all the info, but Rach would have to post it, and I may only know info on the Suites that I looked into, but would know the basic info I suppose...

Re: I think there should be a sticky...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea. Square footage, allowed outside caterer, iPod/mp3 hookup, etc. I'm sure most of us have asked these questions!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jmob1923jmob1923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Being new to this board and just getting started planning a Vegas wedding from Boston, I think this is a great idea. As I have been browsing bios, I've been wondering myself about in-suite receptions. It would be extremely helpful and less annoying for the long time girls :)

Good idea Sara!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One thing I'd note if this gets done is that most newbies don't know to look in the "new to the board" sticky in order to find our bios and this kind of stuff. Some of us that have been here for a while don't even know where our info has ended up. Maybe there needs to be a separate sticky? Just MO.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_think-there-should-sticky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c7b75379-600c-4493-9749-0cc5752c0366Post:9b43866e-bb40-40a3-b8b9-cbd3e531cfe7">Re: I think there should be a sticky...</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing I'd note if this gets done is that<strong> most newbies don't know to look in the "new to the board" sticky in order to find our bios and this kind of stuff</strong>. Some of us that have been here for a while don't even know where our info has ended up. Maybe there needs to be a separate sticky? Just MO.
    Posted by mwkoby[/QUOTE]

This. But then at least you can just point them in the direction of the sticky.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah like the Getting In Shape board I think it is, had a sticky that stuck out, ha sticky that stuck out, that was blanantly NEW POSTERS - READ THIS FIRST.  And me being a new poster the one time I posted, I noticed it right away and followed it's command and read first.

Idk, just a thought!

@jmob123 - And this post wasn't directed at you are anything, but once you're obsessively on the board enough you'll notice how the in-suite questions get asked a lot and just thought having a sticky for just that would be helpful:)

• Options
    jmob1923jmob1923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_think-there-should-sticky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c7b75379-600c-4493-9749-0cc5752c0366Post:01f4d6d6-ce8d-40bc-97a4-dbce2272b105">Re: I think there should be a sticky...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah like the Getting In Shape board I think it is, had a sticky that stuck out, ha sticky that stuck out, that was blanantly NEW POSTERS - READ THIS FIRST.  And me being a new poster the one time I posted, I noticed it right away and followed it's command and read first. Idk, just a thought! <strong>@jmob123 - And this post wasn't directed at you are anything, but once you're obsessively on the board enough you'll notice how the in-suite questions get asked a lot and just thought having a sticky for just that would be helpful:)</strong>
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

I know! :) I have already seen a few posts about it too, & I haven't been here for very long so it seems like it may be a popular topic! Maybe if there was just one sticky about it for new girls, the board wouldn't get crowded! I actually never ever thought about doing something in-suite until I came here. I actually really like the idea and know I will have questions as I move forward! :) I think it's a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards