Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

My Mom and Dads Vow Renewal - CoTF review

My Mom and Dad are currently on their way back from renewing their vows for their 30th wedding anniversary at CoTF on the 26th. When she first started talking about doing the renewal ceremony, she asked me for help since I am getting married in Vegas next year. Thank you to everyone who posted about the chapel, that is where I sent my parents because of all of the reviews posted here and they had an amazing time! You guys definitely helped me make sure my Mom and Dad were taken care of for such an important occasion.

This is what she said about it

"We had an amazing time. Simply the best vacation ever. If anyone wants to wed or renew your wedding vows in vegas may I suggest Little Chapel of the Flowers. They cater to your every need and do it well."

Here is the link to their photo gallery on the chapels website, if anyone wants to see how their photographers are. I am not sure how long the link is going to be active, if I can get my hands on some pictures that aren't insanely watermarked I will update the post.

http://photos.littlechapel.com/2012-06-26/941194/Primary/23808488_pX4dFb

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Mom and Dads Vow Renewal - CoTF review

• Options
    Thank you, I am getting married there next week, fourth of july!! It's going to be just me and him. Were the pics part of their package? or are those from an additional photo package added?
  • Options
    They got the simplicity package (aka the cheapest one), and I am 98% positive that they didn't add anything extra at all. I will ask once they get home to be sure, they are currently on the plane back home. I do know that she loved the pictures so much that they bought about 10 extra pictures that weren't in their package. I will ask about how much that was so that you have that information, as well. She said that the DVD costs $100.

If you want to see the ceremony, it's online as well. They did the vow renewal on the 26th and they are the first ceremony of that day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My package includes the DVD, I choose from 14 photos, but supposedly they are only taken during the ceremony. No posed photos. I was hoping they would take a bunch and offer me to buy extras, even though they are suggesting paying for a photo session (cheapest being $99) because of the whole just snapshots during ceremony.I would love if you could get more info for me!! Their photos look great!! I will watch the ceremony! Thanks!!
  • Options
    Her flight was delayed so I got some info for you faster than I expected. Smile

She said that they took all of the pictures without having to upgrade their photo package at all, which only came with 9 4x6 candid ceremony shots. The 9 pictures that came with their package they had to pick from the ceremony shots and any of the posed shots or anything taken before or after the ceremony had to be purchased seperately. The prices are $10 for 4x6 and $20 for 8x10. They bought 10 extra prints and they gave them a free mousepad.. my Mom was pretty excited about that. Haha.

FYI -- they were pretty good with personalizing the ceremony, too. My Dad can't get his ring off his finger (haha... he gained some weight and was too cheap to get it resized even though I offered to pay for it for him so that his finger doesn't have to get cut off eventually!!) so they had to skip that part of the ceremony and the officiant didn't even skip a beat or get mixed up at all.

Some people also missed the broadcasting of the ceremony due to technical issues and CoTF extended the viewing time for free for a week so that they could watch without having to pay for it. I thought that was a nice gesture from them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!  This is wonderful to hear. They will actually take posed photos, even thought I didn't opt for the additional package. I know they will have me sold on that!!!!! Congrats to your family. You sound so excited for your parents!! Smile
  • Options
    No problem. I think that once you are in there they realize that it's a good opportunity to make some extra money!

I really am excited for them. I think because it meant so much to my Mom, and I love seeing my Mom happy! She is such a good person. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats to your parents! Glad their day turned out great....we were going to use COTF but our coordinator disappeared off the face of the earth!
  • Options
    So glad to hear your parents had a great time. We were married at COF and when we went in to pick our photos, there was a couple there picking out their photos. Turns out they had been married at COF many, many years ago and they went back there to renew their vows. 
  • Options
    nr2510nr2510 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Yea that is where we are hoping to renew our vows. My coworker renewed her vows there in December and she showed us the DVD + picture slideshow and I'm now 100% all over CotF.

Congrats to your parents! :)
  • Options
    I also got married there last year. That means we can go back anytime in the future and renew our vows free of charge which is pretty cool.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards