Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Invites sent...we went way over our count LOL

In the beginning we thought we'd be inviting 40. Then it was 50 and after al was said and done today with the invites the final count could possibly be 72 (that includes us and our 3 kids). YIKES!!!  LOL  They all just started adding up and then we gave some plus ones and other factors etc came into play and well, ya.  LOL

I was a bit shocked to find out most families are planning on bringing their kids.  Ours will be there and are being taken care of by my parents and grandparents, it's all be planning out and the kids will come to Vegas with family and leave with family (also they will stay in the rooms with the grandparents and such). 

I wouldn't bring them to a wedding in Vegas except that it's their parents LOL.  It's fine- but we have families with 4+ kids...which is part of the reason the end count will be higher than I expected.  We included our neices and nephews whom we love very much but didn't realy think people would take their kids with them to Vegas (especially people who have family to watch their kids here and who do it regularly).

Whatevs, it'll be great.  I just hope those bringing kids don't try and pawn the kids off onto older family members who've not agreed to watch kids!!!  Also, I hope fights about who can and can't go out with the adults each night don't occur...there is one couple in particular I'm concerned about LOL

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
Photobucket
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates

Re: Invites sent...we went way over our count LOL

• Options
    congats on the invites just remember you have you children taken care of and did so with respect and asking of parents .  :) kudoos to you   but on other hand just remember the other kids arent your responsibility let the family deal and figure things out
  • Options
    CONGRATS.. u beat the stamp increase.... And I have a feel we may have increases our number.. BUT... I only ordered a certain number of invites.. Now I'm worries.. should I have ordered more?.. but I figure most of my invites are couples.. so 1 invite for 2 people...I HOPE!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Once we got the important people down I just had to close the invite list and walk away. It also didn't hurt that I only ordered 100 invitations and when those are spoken for we're done. But you're so right, the list can grow in a blink of an eye. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Options
    I am counting and I am up to 52 people... with... what happened..lol. I still doubt all of them will REALLY come to Vegas.. My RSVP date is May 16th... that's a long time to know exact numbers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    We are doing a kid free wedding, anyone over the age of 14 is allowed. My sister who has one of the youngest is more then happy to leave them at home for a few days. She said "it well be a nice break". My aunt on the other hand its not thrilled her children aren't invited and will not be attending until I lift that "effing stupid" rule. I smiled and said see you when we get home then. One reason we opt'd out of kids at the wedding was the price, we would have almost 50% kids and their food is only $10 less a plat then the adults. Out cut our bill down a lot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely!  The kids still cost money!  I would love a wedding as an excuse to take a little break LOL  I know some have no overnight options and so their kids must come...I was just shocked to hear families who I know have options to leave the kids have decided to bring them.  Oh well, we'll see how it plays out!

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards