Nevada-Las Vegas

reception

I need help... I'm planning a small wedding in Vages but I live in Orlando, so I want to have a small reception in a sutie but not sure what place will let us bring outside food and drinks
Thank you

Re: reception

• edited December 2011
    I think the best bang for the buck are the Stardust suite at the Orleans, Spa Tower suite at the Golden Nugget or something at the Cosmo.  All three seem anxious to appeal to the wedding crowd and no problems have been reported.  Mandalay's Vista Suite is probably the most popular but their official policy is no outside vendors.

If you're just talking about bringing your own stuff and throwing a party, I'm sure any would work.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reception-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e66d30bc-12fe-44ed-9364-5f1fffd39e85Post:77f790b8-b26b-4cbf-a366-13874773533a">Re: reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the best bang for the buck are the Stardust suite at the Orleans, Spa Tower suite at the Golden Nugget or something at the Cosmo.  All three seem anxious to appeal to the wedding crowd and no problems have been reported.  Mandalay's Vista Suite is probably the most popular but their official policy is no outside vendors. If you're just talking about bringing your own stuff and throwing a party, I'm sure any would work.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

GN's official line is no parties and no outside vendors in their suites as well.  I think the Stardust requires their own catering ($3500 min to get the suite, if memory serves).
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reception-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e66d30bc-12fe-44ed-9364-5f1fffd39e85Post:77f790b8-b26b-4cbf-a366-13874773533a">Re: reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the best bang for the buck are the Stardust suite at the Orleans, Spa Tower suite at the Golden Nugget or something at the Cosmo.  All three seem anxious to appeal to the wedding crowd and no problems have been reported.  Mandalay's Vista Suite is probably the most popular but their official policy is no outside vendors. If you're just talking about bringing your own stuff and throwing a party, I'm sure any would work.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

When pressed, Mandalay bay will tell you that all they cannot do is help you bring your food up to your room.  Which means you or your company you hire will have to bring it up. (no bell service)   Legally there is nothing they can do, you are just bringing food into your room......

I recommend Masterpiece Catering, they do receptions at Mandalay every week and said they have zero problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards