Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Much less controversial question...lol

We were originally going to host a breakfast/brunch event in our room on Sunday morning. I wasn't thinking about checkout times so I don't think it's going to be possible.I've looked into the MB dining options and it's going to be about $1000 to host. If I knew everyone would be there I'd do it but I dont think that's the case. I'm not sure if people will want to get up or maybe they want to make other plans for the day. Would it be bad to cancel and let people know we want them to enjoy their day and not worry about timelines since their time in Vegas is short? The only place it's been posted is on our wedding site. What do you think???

Re: Much less controversial question...lol

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey NateDawg. I think a good compromise would be a come-if-you-want buffet brunch / breakfast which is what we are doing. We haven't asked for RSVPs, we will probably ask around at our welcome dinner to get a rough idea of numbers. We aren't hosting it either, it's just a way to say goodbye before everyone goes their seperate ways.

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Gribbles said!

We opted not to do anything. We are having a double decker bus tour M&G the evening before the wedding. We wanted everyone, including our families and bridal parties to go and do as they wish that day. We also have to meet with Cashman and return the tuxes so we will be busy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried about seating though if we don't do reserved dining. What if 25 people show up? Could they seat us all together?
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Gribbles or anyone else who knows,
    How did you tell your guests, "We'd love for you to come, but we are not hosting?" I know this thread has been on before but it wasn't at a time I was looking into this. Any ideas?
    BTW I like the buffet brunch idea. There are many choices in Vegas for this!
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is how I worded it on our website:

We dont want our wedding night to be tinged with the sadness of saying goodbye to some of the guests who live far away. Therefore, we are going to invite you all to a final catch-up before we go our seperate ways.

We have chosen the The Buffet @ Wynn. Sixteen live acton cooking stations and a sumptuous array of dishes elevate all-you-can-eat into a gourmet experience.

The lunch menu starts at 11am and costs $22.95. It is well-known as the best buffet in Las Vegas!

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's, I like the non-hosted buffet idea as well.  Will you be able to contact your guests to let them know about the change of plans though?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you handle seating at a nonhosted event? Can u sit with 20 people together??
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_much-less-controversial-questionlol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f21cfaa0-9621-4009-bb74-20b997e83c52Post:265570ed-fd3b-46bb-a275-66cd30d081e8">Re: Much less controversial question...lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you handle seating at a nonhosted event? Can u sit with 20 people together??
    Posted by Natedawg71[/QUOTE]
    Honestly I'm not sure about that one, but maybe you could call one of the buffets and ask if they have any options?  It seems like other knotties have done something like this in the past.  Sorry, I'm no help!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_much-less-controversial-questionlol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f21cfaa0-9621-4009-bb74-20b997e83c52Post:265570ed-fd3b-46bb-a275-66cd30d081e8">Re: Much less controversial question...lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you handle seating at a nonhosted event? Can u sit with 20 people together??

I contacted a # of buffets (mgm, aria, rio, caesars) and none of them did reservations without a deposit.  They are first come first serve.  Pretty much your party has to be there together to be seated together. 
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will be fine if people can't sit together for something like this (for an after wedding reception, I'd be concerned).  if you all show up at the same time they MIGHT be able to seat you together.  But don't worry about it.  People will eat and then come by to say goodbye or hello.  How long do you intend to be down there?  You need to tell people when they would be able to run into you.  Take into consideration the line as well.  Some Sundays the line can be an hour.

We're hosting a cabana on Sunday because I would want to eat around 10 or 11 and my parents (and FI's parents) eat breakfast early.  We'll have the cabana all day for people to drop in if they want.  We'll probably have two since they are only $175 each.  Food and drinks are on the people who drop by.  Shade and towels?  On us.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you able to bring in food and drinks at the Cabana? I was thinking Jason's Deli...
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_much-less-controversial-questionlol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f21cfaa0-9621-4009-bb74-20b997e83c52Post:895d52d7-95cc-40b2-97bc-4e924cfeb4d9">Re: Much less controversial question...lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you able to bring in food and drinks at the Cabana? I was thinking Jason's Deli...

I doubt it.  You would just order from the waitress or cabana boy.

Ummmmmmmmm, cabana boy........
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_much-less-controversial-questionlol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f21cfaa0-9621-4009-bb74-20b997e83c52Post:ae4b7ecf-0bec-4ff1-877c-dec7478b0bf2">Re: Much less controversial question...lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Much less controversial question...lol : I doubt it.  You would just order from the waitress or cabana boy. <strong>Ummmmmmmmm, cabana boy........
    </strong>Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    When we stayed at Red Rock a couple of years back, we had a cabana but we only ever had female servers in bikinis.  Boooo....

But ditto smokey, I seriously doubt they'll let you bring in outside food since they serve their own...
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really wanted to be able to host everyone for the brunch, partly because trying to coordinate an unhosted event is just a giant complicated pain in the ass.  We did it at the Orleans buffet, which was only $7/person.  It wasn't the fanciest, but it was perfectly decent food and they were able to seat all 18 of us that showed together.  Just be sure to double-check your reservation, they lost ours (but still managed to accommodate us).
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards