Iowa-Quad Cities

DJ's

Anyone have any suggestions for a DJ? or input on who to stay away from? TIA

Re: DJ's

• mvh2010mvh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RJS Productions, Ryan is wonderful to work with and everyone had a blast at our wedding reception.  Good luck with the planning!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used RexRoat sound.

You won't find much about them on the internet, but they did a great job!  We had people on the dance floor the whole night and decided to use them after seeing them DJ at my SIL's wedding last year.

I'm not sure how pricing compares, but they were $900 on a Saturday in Oct and were there from 2pm to about 1am!

I have a review (and I think contact info) in my bio.
  • edited December 2011

We have booked ABC entertainment, the guy who we set everything up with is REALLY nice and he does a lot as far as the wedding day goes. He was referred to us by 3 different people who used him as their DJ so he must not be too bad. Plus he is reasonably priced and does not "nickle and dime" you.

The Phelps are TTC =)Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Our wedding details- eaphelps.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used Mix CD Productions and I thought they were great! We had two guys from 6pm - 12am and from what I remember we only paid $600

I would definitely recommend them. They put a lot of time and effort into our music and I had a wonderful time on the dance floor.
  • edited December 2011
    Libby- I tried to look up ABC entertainment and can't find them. Could you send me their phone number? Where are they from exactly?
  • edited December 2011

Sorry, I forgot to check back a few days later. His name is Kimble McClain and his phone number is 309-292-5554. He runs the company himself (it was his fathers, turns out my future father in law knows him) out of the edge of Rock Island.

The Phelps are TTC =)Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Our wedding details- eaphelps.weebly.com
  • lauraleighb6lauraleighb6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ Rebel is amazing.
  • emmalou53emmalou53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance Kasey Keller is owner and operator of Sound Entertainment Productions, in Bettendorf, IA.  His focus is mainly weddings but also does dances for schools in Cedar Rapids, and in the QC.  He has recently upgraded to a premium BOSE sound system and all of his music is digital.  If any of you are in need of a DJ, feel free to give him a call!  319-936-4261
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards