Iowa-Quad Cities

Catering Costs?

I don't live near the Quad Cities, but our reception will take place about half an hour outside, in Illinois. We are trying to pull together a budget and decide what we want to do for food, but I have no concept of what catering will cost, nor do I know anyone in the area that can help. Apparently the family in this area always does "cake and mint receptions," which we don't want. It's an outdoor reception on a farm, so I know there would likely be traveling costs. We don't want anything fancy, but we don't want a BBQ. Probably a pasta bar or something. Could anyone direct me to some caterers to check out or give me a rough estimate of what something like that will cost in this area? There will be 150 invited guests, but we expect a lot of declines.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catering Costs?

• We used Catering by Sue.  She lives in Donahue, IA but I know she travels around the QC (our reception was in Davenport).  She has several options (keep in mind this was over 4 years ago).  I'd definitely give her a call though, and see what she can do for you.

563-282-4171
  • If you want something pretty low-key and BBQ, famous Dave's does a lot of weddings. I don't have a clue what their prices are, but it might be worth calling if you're interested. Good luck!
  • In Response to Catering Costs?:

Try Sheridan's Island Catering - they are located on the Arsenal.  They do catering all over the quad cities.  They even have hog roasts for about $7.50 per person.  They have quite the variety of menus available.  And the food is FANTASTIC.  They have tastings once a month that you can go to & see what you like!  Try them out!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards