Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Time between ceremony & reception??

We are having a 1:30pm ceremony at Christ the King in Mashpee. We were originally planning on having our cocktail hour start at 3:30pm at the SeaCrest in Falmouth. Now that I have been thinking about pictures between the ceremony and reception (hoping to have pictures taken at the Nobska Lighthouse) I've been thinking about possibly pushing back the start time of the cocktail hour until 4:00pm to give myself an extra half hour for pictures. Do you think this is too much time between the ceremony and reception, or is it manageable for my guests?

Re: Time between ceremony & reception??

• BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing a full mass for your ceremony? I think it all depends on how long you expect your ceremony to take.
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a full mass, so I'm assuming by the time we do the full mass and receiving line it will be about 3:00pm anyway. And, it will probably take people between 20-30 minutes to get to the SeaCrest depending on traffic, which is why we originally had the 3:30pm time slot. I just don't know if it is too much to push it back to 4:00pm?
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest not doing a recieving line...skip out and take some quick family photos outside if you want (it is beautiful at Christ the King) then go off in your trolley or limo with the wedding party to do your formal photos at Nobska & the beach that is right there....you will have pleanty of time to get back and enjoy part of your cocktail hour.

• edited December 2011
    I think with a receiving line you will be good. It's not too long & plus I think a lot of people understand that Catholic Churches can only do certain times. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'd rather a bit of a delay and then have dinner closer to dinner time, you know? Plus, most weddings I've been to have been Catholic and had a gap, so it doesn't faze me. So, I think that's fine.
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    edited December 2011
    I think pushing it back wouldnt be too bad!
  • clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thank you for the opinions :) Now, I'll have to see if our venue will allow us to push it back. I really appreciate the advice!
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pushing it back would be fine, and give your guests time to take thier own pictures at Sea Crest! Old Silver Beach is gorgeous!
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    hmm

1:30 wedding & mass at Our Lady of the Assumption in Osterville, out at 2:45 ish.

Receiving line outside the church took about 30 minute, the to the beach for photos.  Guests went to one of the villas at Willowbend for wine, cheeses, fruit, etc. while the photos were done.

Back to Willowbend at 4:45 and they were opening the doors to start the cocktail hour.

The gap was about 1.5 hours but as long as you host something during the gap, I think it's all good there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards