Michigan-Grand Rapids

Need recommendations for a banquet hall/restaurant

Hey ladies,

Just visiting from the Detroit board. We're having an extra reception in Grand Rapids for some family, and I'm looking for a restaurant or banquet facility that caters in-house. This will be quite a casual affair, so it doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and decent. We're also looking to not spend very much, but we want decent food, obviously. I'm thinking Italian...that's usually pretty inexpensive, but we're not set on any type of cuisine. Help please!

Re: Need recommendations for a banquet hall/restaurant

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Pietro's.  We had a surprise 50th for my mom there a couple years ago, and had our rehearsal dinner there last September.  They did a great job both times, and their prices are very, very reasonable.  http://www.rcfc.com/Pietros/index.html Hope that helps!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011

Pietros will be cheaper, but I love Mangiamos. They can do something pretty reasonably priced. Tre Cugini would expensive, so don't go there. And do NOT go to Noto's. My co-worker's daughter's wedding reception was at Noto's and it didn't go well at all. They wouldn't turn on the air conditioning in time to cool the room and it was about 90 degrees in there....the cake melted, flowers wilted, and guests left way too early. And they were not very nice about giving a discount either. She gets pretty worked up about it still and it's been a couple years.

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bistro Bella Vita is where I had my reception, and everyone raved about the food.  Not to mention, they were incredible to work with.  On the website, it has a banquet menu, but I didn't like the options there, so I was able to use selections from the regular menu, and it was really great.  They set everything up, took everything down- I had literally nothing to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards