North Carolina
Options

Our Herd... NWR

Grew. . . we took in another kitty
*Rudy*

She was left at the vets office because her other parents could no longer take care of her.  I happened to be looking for a kitty (wanted a kitten and an orange one) but she really needed a home and was very healthy / Declawed in front / Spayed. Vets gave her an all-clear to come home.  So I put the 'kitten' idea aside and decided to take in Ms. Rudy (shes a little under 5).

Sooo anywho. . . everyone is still checking each other out, which I know is to be expected and normal, but Rudy LOVES to go behind the washing machine . under the beds and behind the fridge (I've since had to pull the fridge out, then re-position it so she can't get back there anymore)

She's reallllly sweet to us humans and goes CRAZY with affection when we play with her. . .

Any tips to keep her from hiding so much? or should i just let it go and hope she comes around soon?

Also. . .I took an abnormal psych test today. . . fail. Straight up. Go me.

How is everyone?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Our Herd... NWR

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no cat experience, but I'd think she's just looking for a "safe zone" until she finds her place in your herd.

Sorry about the test :(
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, thats what Im thinking. . .I just feel bad that she wants to hide. I've tried to make sure I say "hello" to her everytime I see her come out and explore :o)

Hows planning? You're soooo close!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning is....well, it is.  See the "Fall wedding season" post for a summary of what I have yet to accomplish. 

I only have 2 weeks of work before vacation.  I'm pretty dang excited about that.  Except it means I have to finish everything I'm working on before then, and that kind of sucks. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our kitten used to do that too when we first brought her home, I just let her do her thing, she doesn't do it often anymore, mainly because she's not small enough to get to all the hiding spots, but if I notice she's gone for awhile I go look for her.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's probably hiding because she's not too sure about things yet.  She'll probably come around and stop hiding once she settles into your herd.  But I definitely know how you feel when one of your pets hides all the time...ahem, Lola.  Just give it time :)
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Awww. . . lola!! I swear she's a doll baby! You can't say her name and not smile :o) She is doing really good isnt she! (At least better than she was Hah)

We made progress this morning. Rudy likes to hide under the bed in my office / guestroom and I went in there to get my things for class and called her name and she came running out to greet me. I'll take that as a great sign :o)
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww! I don't know if I have ever met a cat that comes when it's called, good job finding her. :) Are there pics? She sounds adorable!

I'm sorry about the test!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, not too many cats come running to you! (Or atleast not the ones I have been around).  Thats wonderful and congrats on her! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Great progress! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards