Michigan-Lansing
Options

Sample Dress Dilemma

Hi everyone,

So I have a little bit of a planning dilemma with my dress. So here's the situation.

I think I may have found my dress (yay!) but I'm not completely sure. I want to try it on one more time before I am completely 110% sure. I live out of state though (7 hours away) and was planning on making a trip home in about 3 weeks. However Becker's Bridal is having their sample sale in 2 weeks. I've only tried this dress on there once and don't even know if it is THE dress, but if it is, buying the same could save me a lot of money. The problem is I don't remember the exact condition of the dress and don't know the extent to which I would need a seamstress to repair it. And my family lives in Bay City (1.5 hours away from Becker's) so they can't just go and look at the condition of the dress.

So what do you ladies think about buying sample dresses? I already have things booked for the other weekend, so it would take some rearranging of schedules and I don't know if its worthwhile if buying a sample dress is just an overall bad idea. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sample Dress Dilemma

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are there any stores where you live currently that have the dress?  That way you can try it on one last time to see if it's "the dress"?  That way if you don't still love it, you don't have to make the trip up.

Also, do you know for sure that this dress will be included in the sample sale?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Was just able to call Becker's and dress is not included in sample sale. Crisis averted! Thanks for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards