Indiana
Options

Fort Wayne Wedding/Reception Location - not from the area

Hi all!

Im trying to plan a wedding to occur in Fort Wayne, but I am not from the area so its making things extremely difficult.  I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to look for both a wedding and reception location.  My budget isnt huge, and we arent looking to get married in a church either.  Any suggestions you guys have would be AWESOME.  

Re: Fort Wayne Wedding/Reception Location - not from the area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

First off, congratulations to you!  My fiance and I also looked for places that could double as ceremony/reception locations.  We considered: Botanical Conservatory, Baker Street Station, Freemason's Hall, and Embassy Theater.  We ended up going with Baker Street for price, atmosphere, and helpfulness of the contact person there.  Hope that helps.  

Best of luck to you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jlheidenjlheiden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were also on a limited budget.  We are getting married on May 21st at the Shiloh Hall on Carroll Road.  So far everything is great.  What I really enjoyed was the price but the fact that they do everything and have their own DJ.  We are getting married in the garden located there. 

Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look online at cerutis.com, they have several locations that can double as ceremony/reception sites or just use as reception. I really wanted the History Museum but it wasn't availble on my day =(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    danielle0704danielle0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what time of the year is your wedding??
    i'm getting married this august.
    for the ceremony, we went with the foster park bridal glen.
    for the reception, we went with embassy theater.
  • Options
    Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Just had my May5th wedding at Foster park bridal glen and the reception at the pavillion 1. Beautiful, was breathtaking beautiful too. I highly reccomend it as it is way cheap too!.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married (the first time) at the Botanical Conservatory and it was $1600, nothing included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a great priced reception hall, look into The Hayloft.  It is actually a bit south of Ft. Waune in Hoagland, IN and is out in the country.  Our family has used them for years from weddings to anniversary celebrations!
    My Flower Girl (my niece) and I at my Shower:
    IMG_0141
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Mid America Windmill Museum is about 25 minutes north of Fort Wayne.  Inexpensive- very.  Makes for great pictures on the windmill farm.   The barn is plain, so you get a week to decorate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards