Plus-Sized
Options

Dress shopping!!!

Got my appt set to go dress shopping on the 28th! I am so excited for it, I hope it goes well. We are going shopping at a plus size wedding dress shop near St.Paul.

I am very big on I want to keep the dress a secret so I am only having my mom, my BM who is my 11yr old cousin, her mother (my aunt), my MOH, aunt who lives up there and has breast cancer (we figured this could be a good distraction for her), and her daughter. So total of 6 people.

Any good tips for shopping?

Re: Dress shopping!!!

• Options
    good luck! i honestly have no tips since i'm not shopping in a store. but have fun!
  • Options
    Don't look at sizes! Dresses run small so you may have to go up a size or 2, but really it's not the size on the tag that matters, it's how you feel in it. Also, be open minded. I was set on one type of dress and got something COMPLETELY different than I had originally envisioned. Have fun and good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Don't be to nervous and enjoy this time with your loved ones.  I was sooo nervous and I found my dress in one shopping trip after trying on 6 dresses.  Don't worry about anything but staying in your budget and be open minded! On the hanger and on your body some dresses look totally different.  Have fun and let us know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dress-shopping-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:43ac7175-b0d1-4a01-830e-fc6e6f819546Post:c06c6e1e-78be-4e6d-91c0-6094242ffa42">Re: Dress shopping!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't be to nervous and enjoy this time with your loved ones.  I was sooo nervous and I found my dress in one shopping trip after trying on 6 dresses.  Don't worry about anything but staying in your budget and be open minded! On the hanger and on your body some dresses look totally different.  Have fun and let us know how it goes!
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

Will do! A week and a half left and I can't wait!
  • Options
    cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

Definately keep an open mind.  Try on dresses out of your box!! and wear full coverage panties!!!!!!           Relax and enjoy the experience with your family. Good Luck!

• Options
    try on as many as possiable...I had an idea what would look good on me and when the salesgirl brought out some dresses I thought no way but loved them on...ended up with the dress she suggested ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards