Plus-Sized

Friday!

2»

Re: Friday!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:346ed378-a691-4eff-ac93-2afc0f58856d">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday! : Oh I think you may have told me that before :)  I live 10 miles south of the city and work in the city. I grew up in a SE suburb. (trying to be kinda vague here... we have lots of lurkers.) My commute is 14 miles, roughly 17 minutes in good weather. I <3 GR.
    Posted by AmethystMSU[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lurkers are definitely why I wouldn't reveal where I actually work or live specifically.

If I'm lucky, on a good day I can make it to work in 6 or 7 minutes (but that's if I don't catch the light at a hugely busy intersection). I guess in comparisson though it takes me a "long" time to get to work for how many miles it is - I live 3 miles from where I work lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:2b040858-ba79-4e38-aced-0392935822a3">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday! : Yeah, lurkers are definitely why I wouldn't reveal where I actually work or live specifically. If I'm lucky, on a good day I can make it to work in 6 or 7 minutes (but that's if I don't catch the light at a hugely busy intersection). I guess in comparisson though it takes me a "long" time to get to work for how many miles it is - I live 3 miles from where I work lol
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]
    True. Mine is mainly freeway. I live less than 1/2 mile from a freeway exit and then my work is about 2 miles from a freeway exit. So that's why it doesn't take long in comparison to the miles.
  • I would like to be AWish right now and say that I am FINISHED with my internship! I feel so good right now! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:db8c443b-d124-4a79-b84f-c347537d66f3">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like to be AWish right now and say that I am FINISHED with my internship! I feel so good right now! :)
    Posted by justdance93[/QUOTE]
    WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Graduation in May, right? Are you starting to job search now? Man I really had to get on H's case to job search when he was in his last semester of grad school for SLP... what the heck would he do without me?!?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:e84fb438-77bf-444c-bcb2-e53e457241ca">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday! : WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Graduation in May, right? Are you starting to job search now? Man I really had to get on H's case to job search when he was in his last semester of grad school for SLP... what the heck would he do without me?!?!
    Yes! Graduation in May! I have three classes this spring, but no internship, so that'll be really nice. I have to focus on taking the national test for SLP (the PRAXIS), and then MSU has final competency exams we have to take in order to get our degree, so I have to concentrate on those. Unfortunately, I'm going to be studying all of winter break. :( But it's better than being free labor!<div>
    </div><div>I'll probably start applying to jobs in February. I really want an elementary school, but only a few ISDs out here will have openings, so I don't really know how it'll go.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:873dfcd8-0370-4688-9672-e42d2e2c7166">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday! : Yes! Graduation in May! I have three classes this spring, but no internship, so that'll be really nice. I have to focus on taking <strong>the national test for SLP (the PRAXIS),</strong> and then MSU has final competency exams we have to take in order to get our degree, so I have to concentrate on those. Unfortunately, I'm going to be studying all of winter break. :( But it's better than being free labor! I'll probably start applying to jobs in February. I really want an elementary school, but only a few ISDs out here will have openings, so I don't really know how it'll go.
    H took the Praxis 10 months after he graduated. This was after many months of me reminding him to schedule it and him saying "Oh yeah, I still need to do that." I think he kept putting it off because he knew he needed X number of months of experience before he could actually get his CCC-SLP, regardless of testing status. Well and then ASHA somehow took like 6 months to process his application. IDK why. They must be stupid there. Anyway, he's officially CCC-SLP now.

You should move to GR! ;)  Does your FI have to stay in Lansing (or wherever he is)?
  • ....I'm wondering if this is still messed up?

Amethyst - FI has one more year of graduate school here at MSU, but if GR has job availabilities, then heck yeah I'd move over there! GR is supposed to be the up-and-coming city of Michigan, so I'd love to relocate there. I'm sure I could afford a little time to commute to work, and FI could commute to MSU, so it MIGHT work out depending on where the job is. Have your H keep his ears open for any school opportunities in GR for me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:0cd282cb-3a0a-420c-8de6-140a1ebbde84">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]....I'm wondering if this is still messed up? Amethyst - FI has one more year of graduate school here at MSU, but if GR has job availabilities, then heck yeah I'd move over there! <strong>GR is supposed to be the up-and-coming city of Michigan</strong>, so I'd love to relocate there. I'm sure I could afford a little time to commute to work, and FI could commute to MSU, so it MIGHT work out depending on where the job is. <strong>Have your H keep his ears open for any school opportunities in GR for me. :)</strong>
    Yes :)  GR never focused on the automotive industry as much as Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw did, so we're doing just fine!

I'll ask him. He works at a skilled nursing facility in town so I'm not sure how aware he is of school opportunities, but I will ask!!
  • bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5d4884aa-037e-406f-8620-14dc960e6891Post:3562b0ab-15d7-44e1-8ed6-be322ed0e32f">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday! : Yes :)  GR never focused on the automotive industry as much as Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw did, so we're doing just fine! I'll ask him. He works at a skilled nursing facility in town so I'm not sure how aware he is of school opportunities, but I will ask!!
    Thanks! An SNF or a rehab center is my back-up plan if I can't get the schools. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards