Plus-Sized

Hi all

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and a plus sized gal. we are not getting married for 2 1/2 years becasue of schooling issues, i was wonderig if any of you had any ideas to help me get in shape for my wedding day?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi all

• Hey there! Congrats on your engagement!  I'm also newly engaged, planning a longer engagement, and looking to shed some pounds. 

I just started on my lifestyle change last week, but here's some things I'm doing! First, I signed up for Sparkpeople.com.  It's a free website that helps you to track all of your food and fitness goals and even provides you with helpful articles, recipes, and support!  I've tried a few recipes from the site and they are actually good---they don't taste like "diet" food.  I added the Sparkpeople app to my phone, and it allows me to track throughout the day.  I found that by tracking my food, I was able to see where I was "spending" my calories. 

Second, I started working out.  I'm the first person to say I hated working out, but I found something I actually like doing---zumba.  I go twice a week and do yoga from home.  I still am awkward and have no rhythm, but I sweat a lot so that's good, right?!  

Third, I stock my fridge with healthier options.  If you don't have the junk food in your house, you really have to "work" to go get it---like, put on pants and get it (no thanks!).  Sparkpeople.com and Pinterest have a lot of great healthy recipes to try, so just be adventurous!

Finally, change your mindset.  I've been trying to diet for a decade and nothing has ever worked, and I think it's because I wasn't mentally ready for the change.  I didn't have a lot of motivation or drive, so I would never get back on the diet when I fell off.  Last week I tried on wedding dresses for the first time and WOW was that a kick in the pants! I looked nice, but I know I wanted to look better and, more importantly, I wanted to feel better.  Find your motivation. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • In Response to Re:Hi all:
    Hi everyone I am newly engaged and a plus sized gal. we are not getting married for 2 1/2 years becasue of schooling issues, i was wonderig if any of you had any ideas to help me get in shape for my wedding day? Posted by armymedic4life
    You might want to spend some time on the "getting in shape" board. The folks there are super helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards