Plus-Sized

Hi all

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and a plus sized gal. we are not getting married for 2 1/2 years becasue of schooling issues, i was wonderig if any of you had any ideas to help me get in shape for my wedding day?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi all

• Hey there! Congrats on your engagement!  I'm also newly engaged, planning a longer engagement, and looking to shed some pounds. 

I just started on my lifestyle change last week, but here's some things I'm doing! First, I signed up for Sparkpeople.com.  It's a free website that helps you to track all of your food and fitness goals and even provides you with helpful articles, recipes, and support!  I've tried a few recipes from the site and they are actually good---they don't taste like "diet" food.  I added the Sparkpeople app to my phone, and it allows me to track throughout the day.  I found that by tracking my food, I was able to see where I was "spending" my calories. 

Second, I started working out.  I'm the first person to say I hated working out, but I found something I actually like doing---zumba.  I go twice a week and do yoga from home.  I still am awkward and have no rhythm, but I sweat a lot so that's good, right?!  

Third, I stock my fridge with healthier options.  If you don't have the junk food in your house, you really have to "work" to go get it---like, put on pants and get it (no thanks!).  Sparkpeople.com and Pinterest have a lot of great healthy recipes to try, so just be adventurous!

Finally, change your mindset.  I've been trying to diet for a decade and nothing has ever worked, and I think it's because I wasn't mentally ready for the change.  I didn't have a lot of motivation or drive, so I would never get back on the diet when I fell off.  Last week I tried on wedding dresses for the first time and WOW was that a kick in the pants! I looked nice, but I know I wanted to look better and, more importantly, I wanted to feel better.  Find your motivation. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • In Response to Re:Hi all:[QUOTE]Hi everyone I am newly engaged and a plus sized gal. we are not getting married for 2 1/2 years becasue of schooling issues, i was wonderig if any of you had any ideas to help me get in shape for my wedding day? Posted by armymedic4life[/QUOTE]

You might want to spend some time on the "getting in shape" board. The folks there are super helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards