Maine

Happy New Years!

who else is Excited to see 2012 here???! and I have a feeling in a few weeks we will have some newly engaged Knotties on the board! its been so quiet here lately!      

How did you Celebrate last night???

I'll start! we went dancing the old Port with a few friends.

Re: Happy New Years!

• We went to Margaritas and then to my SILs house to play some Wii games and board games. 

Yup, we're wild and crazy like that!

I almost ran over a few people on Fore Street driving home.  Standing in the middle of the road to hail a taxi is not smart.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were here in MA and went to a friend's house to play some games and watch the ball drop.  No drinking for me though, since I'm 11 weeks pregnant.  :)  It was an exciting new year's thinking about all that 2012 will bring us.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • Chrispy!! Congratulations!!!  you guys didn't waste much time did you??? ;-) 

HCorrigan- I would have much rather done that! the Old Port was ridiculous!  I find that I enjoy going less and less every time. 
  • I work at the Pirates as Jersey Girl so I worked the Kids New Years then went home and watched Sweet Home Alabama with my FSIL because her and her family was up from mass. 30 seconds till we switched it watch the ball drop then went to bed. Haha I know what youre thinking- "Wow this 21 year old is CRAZY!!" haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to the traditional New Years party at a mutual friends house.  It's sentimental for us to go; it's the party that we (sort of) met at ^_^ We stayed till about two and then we headed home to bed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A few days late to this thread, but FI came down with the flu like two days before NYE, so we had to cancel our reservation at Zapoteca and stayed home. My Man of Honor came over and we wound up watching the ball drop in my mom's living room while toasting with a six pack of Gritty's Pub Style. Wasn't my most raucous NYE ever, but I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else :-).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_happy-new-years?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:933a6ba2-e4e1-4139-a530-5c3d40d67a22Post:b9318afc-b3cf-47e9-9a7b-492a335a00a5">Re: Happy New Years!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A few days late to this thread, but<strong> FI came down with the flu like two days before NYE,</strong> so we had to cancel our reservation at Zapoteca and stayed home. My Man of Honor came over and we wound up watching the ball drop in my mom's living room while toasting with a six pack of Gritty's Pub Style. Wasn't my most raucous NYE ever, but I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else :-).
    Posted by lclemence[/QUOTE]

That happened to my SIL as well.  Hope he's recovered!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chrispy-CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is sooo exciting. I think I remember you saying that you guys were going to start trying soon.

We were in Dayton, OH after A LOT of traveling around Christmas (drove up from Florida to MA for a couple days, then a couple days in ME, and got to spend some time up at Sugarloaf, although there was no snow). We ended up having a pretty relaxing night as well. We went out for an early dinner with friends and then went back to their place and played some board games as well. We had a pregnant friend there as well, and as she's usually my wine-drinking buddy, I didn't drink too much myself. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards