Maine
Options

Possible PSA...but really I want to brag about my favors and the steal I got!

plato79plato79 member
First Anniversary First Comment
So I've been looking and looking and looooooking for favors. I knew I wanted to do something edible, preferably chocolate. FI & I were of the mindset that it should be edible or a charitable donation. So, I've been doing some huuuge research about truffles and other candies. Well, we've decided on going with Lindt. Apparently you can buy in bulk and save a TON. We wanted to give 4 per person, at least, so we're buying their 550 (Yes, five-freaking-hundred and fifty!!) truffles...in fact two of them....each 550 count box is only $126.5! That's around $0.30/truffle. Apparently that's what they sell to businesses. 

I'm pretty psyched. So I am buying two flavors for the ones we need for the favors, then we'll use different flavors for our welcome bags. I picked up 4-truffle boxes in pink and I designed some labels for them on vistaprint. 

SO EXCITED to have this checked off...well at least the ordering! SO happy I went to lindt and asked them about discounts/bulk buying!
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: Possible PSA...but really I want to brag about my favors and the steal I got!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome!  Did you just inquire from the Lindt website?  We are in search of things for our welcome bag, and this sounds like a good option, thanks for posting!
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go through their website, but they do have them on there. The tricky thing though is that if you wanted to do a mixed case, I believe you have to go through a store. You can buy 1 straight flavor in bulk (550). They also have smaller options of buying in lots of 120 - it's a little more expensive, but not terrible. I think if you buy the smaller boxes of 120 it comes out around $160 for 550, which is still better than buying retail. 

Btw, I did the math wrong in the first post: it's $0.23 in the 550 lots and it's $0.30 for the 120 lots. Glad to share the info! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum!  I love lindt truffles!  My favorite!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is the same thing I did for our favors!!  We are giving 4 truffles per person, 2 hazelnut and 2 straitcella (sp??).  We bought them this winter at the Lindt outlet in North Conway, NH.  They are soooooo yummy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    Dmcphee - we're doing white chocolate and the stracciatella! Great minds think alike! I also orderd milk choc & peanutbutter for the hotel welcome bags. Yay for really good candy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards