Maine
Options

Need ideas for May wedding venues!

We were hoping to have to wedding outside, but WHO KNOWS if that could actaully happen with the weather. Sooo, if you ladys could throw up some suggestions that would be awesome. I think if were going to book a place, its probably going to have to be soon. :)

Thank youuu. :)

Re: Need ideas for May wedding venues!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Harbor View on Peaks Island.. they can do outdoor ceremonies (or indoor if its raining) and the reception in on the deck but its covered so no worries!! and its right on the water and beautiful!! Definitely worth checking out!
  • Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A friend got married at Clay Hill Farm in May.  She suggested it when we were looking for places.  It looks gorgeous on line!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen congrats on booking!!!! yay Peaks :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm. both good ideas. :) thank you. for some reason we are having the hardest time even coming up with places to check out. haha
  • Options
    grrracegrrrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked Point Lookout Resort in Camden. 
    It is breathtakingly beautiful!

It is on top of Duck Trap Mountain that over looks the harbor. We're planning on getting married outside the reception hall, BUT if it's not possible due to weather, we are going to get married in the reception hall where the view is still awesome (if it's not foggy) because of the huge windows and circular design of the main room. 

Also, they have a private bowling alley that you can rent out for $400 from 6pm-10pm. Because it's a destination wedding, we booked it for the night before the wedding so people who didn't come to the rehearsal dinner can still hang out and have fun even if they dont know the area well. 

I highly recommend looking into it! :) 
    we are going there this weekend to choose our linens and cake! I'm so excited!

hope this helps :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) sounds so pretty. ill look into that too. :) thank youuu
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Google was our best friend when finding a wedding venue. Check Portland Convention & Visitors Bureau's meeting and event planning guide for suggestions. TK has a list of Maine wedding venues as well.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a beautiful outside wedding at The Inn by the Sea in Cape Elizabeth a few years ago.  They have a stunning ocean view from the lawn where they have the ceremonies.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • Options
    ktek2010ktek2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Clay Hill Farm this coming October and I love it there. It's cute and quaint and the prices are definitely reasonable. Worth checking out to see if it is somethng you are looking for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Samoset Resort in Rockport. Check it out.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards