Maine

Portland area reception venues

I am recentley engaged and am beginning to look for reception venues around Portland. I will be getting married in a Church in Portland and would like to keep the reception withinin 15-20 minutes. The guest list will probably be between 130-150 Suggestions?

Re: Portland area reception venues

• edited December 2011
    We looked at a couple of sites in Portland, I really liked the Portland Museum of Art. It's very modern though. I'm not sure if thats the look you are going for. We are using the Blue Elephant Events and Catering as our caterer and they are fantastic. Check out their website because I know they have a list of other venues and might be able to point you towards some more choices. One of the owners (Fausto) is from Philly and is full of great energy and ideas. 

Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my reception at Grace Restaurant on Chestnut Street (off of Congress St in the Old Port area). We are expecting around 140 guests and I think they can accommodate up to 180.  It is SO beautiful and the event coordinator has been really great so far. They do have a food & bev minimum to rent the restaurant so it's definitely not a super low-budget place but they were wiling to negotiate with us. They also have a gorgeous smaller room downstairs for a possible rehearsal dinner location. Really great food in a very unique atmosphere (the building used to be a church!).

http://www.restaurantgrace.com

We also looked at some venues on a couple of the Casco Bay islands if you are looking for a true 'coastal Maine' experience:

Inn on Peaks
    Harbor View at Jones Landing (the owner, Robin, is wonderful!)
    Diamond's Edge Restaurant

We looked at a ton of places so feel free to message me for more recommendations/reviews.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding and reception at The Woodlands in Falmouth, and its not crazy expensive you have a food minimum and thats it for the reception!!! and Toni the lady that you will work with is amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just married at Spring Meadows in Gray.  Everything was great and Peggy (the owner) provides all of the set up and help to make your day perfect.  The best part was that we were able to have a large, fancy wedding at a budget price - I am still in shock at what a deal it was - even with the open bar!
  • edited December 2011
    i am having my wedding at the portland club...black tie catering does the food...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards