July 2013 Weddings
Options

Checks & DIY Idea

Hellooooooooo Ladies!
Tomorrow is JULY!!!! Holy crud!! I can't believe I've already been engaged for 6 months....that seems insane to me!

Anyways, tomorrow I'm venturing out with my whole crew of bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, moms, and adorable flower girl to get them fitted for their dresses!!! (well, all except the flower girl, who right now is a whopping 7 months old!) I know this is early BUT one of my girls is from AZ and is here for another wedding....so we wanted to do this all together and it seemed like the perfect time! Plus, it was so difficult for me to actually find a dress that I loved so the dress shop suggested that since I found the one, it's better to order them asap so the designer doesn't discontinue it. SO excited to have everyone together and doing official wedding stuff!!!! :) Check!

Our save-the-dates are officially in the hands of *most* of our intended guests. Joel and I got sooo many texts/calls yesterday about how excited everyone was....people even booked rooms at the resort yesterday! I'm relieved that the consensus is that it was perfect timing- I couldn't help but feel that it was way early to send them, but we were advised by the resort to send them out because they book up quickly...especially the week of the 4th! We even reserved our "grand corner suite" :) yay!

I was invited to see a beach ceremony there in May and it was gorgeous! I'm so excited to get married there! The musicians playing the ceremony music were wonderful and were actually ones that I had previously contacted. After seeing them in action, we reserved them for our nig day! Check!

Sending out the deposit for our amazing videographers today...I'm obsessed with their trailers on their website....
http://weddingfilms.stopgolove.net/
If you want to check out their work :)
Check!

Now, onto my DIY idea...
I forget where I was browsing a couple of months ago, but I found what I though was an ingenious idea! Vases for the bouquets at the reception! My plan is to buy the vases somewhere, probably Michaels or AC Moore, and personalize them with their names and add some decorations to match our theme/colors! Perhaps some seashells attached to ribbon around it? Not exactly sure, but I'm super excited and motivated to do it!
Here's the inspiration:

I want to do their names in a dark color so they stick out....

What do you ladies think???

Sorry for the long post!! I was kind of off wedding-mode for the past couple of months with end of school year stuff....but I'm off for the summer and back onto planning mode!!!

WOO! :):)

Re: Checks & DIY Idea

• Options
    Awesome checks! Love the vases idea too! Good job
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    awesome checks
  • Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Great checks! I saw these vases yesterday and plan to do the same soon. I think pink would be fine. Just take in consideration the color of the ribbion around the flowers. If you are going to use pink ribbion, you would not see the writing on the vase. Im using silver or white writing as the ribbion will be blue or black. Can you Pm me when you decide what you are going to use to write the name/title on the glass? I'm lost on that part.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Yay checks.

I totally bought a platter to display our toasting goblets on today.  />.> I got it at a tag sale and it was 75% off since it was so late + the second day (I had to work during the rest of it and 'normal hours')...sooooo it was only $2.

I do like those vases!  They're especially awesome for hand-tied bouquets.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards