July 2013 Weddings

Reception entrance??

What are we supposed to do after we are announced into the reception??? Ive been watching a lot of the show 4weddings and it never really shows what they do right after they come in.

Re: Reception entrance??

• It depends. FI and I are going right into our first dance.

I recently went to a wedding where they went into the cake cutting and then sat down for dinner.

Whatever works best with your timeline. There is no right or wrong answer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• We are going right into our first dance also! Then we will do dinner :) Just do whatever you feel fits right for you 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Us three! Unless we decide to eat apps and mingle first
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i think we'll be cutting the cake first, then sitting down for dinner. 
  • We're just planning to show up at our cocktail hour haha. We'll go straight to the table when we come in for dinner. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I'm also going to my cocktail hour. Then when everyone moves in the reception room the DJ will announce the members of the bridal party who will have to line up to do the arm & bouquet arch for us to go under after we walk in. Then the bridal party will step back & we will go right in to our first dance.

P. S. Is anyone doing a "fun" entrance? We may be walking in to FH's favorite sport's team's arena song .... Not really what I had in mind, but it's the ONE thing he seems to really want lol On the bright side, it's celebratory & upbeat so we will do some triumphant fist pumping as we enter haha
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think a lot of weddings on the coasts and down south go straight into the first dance after they are announced.  That's never happened at any wedding I've been to here in the Midwest.  Usually, they either do cake cutting, mingle for a bit, or just sit down for dinner. 

We are not doing a "grand entrance."  We're not very showy, so it's not our thing.  We'll probably just come in (no announcement), cut the cake and whatever.  I had a friend who just showed up at the reception, too.  It worked for them, and it wasn't like no one realized they were there - how many brides and grooms are there at a wedding? ;)

Do whatever works and feels right for you - there aren't any rules!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think we're just going to sit down after we come in. I've actually never seen anyone go straight into the first dance or cake cutting, and I've only seen the cake cutting after dinner. I don't want to attend cocktail hour, I'm planning to have my MOH or the DOC bring us some apps after pictures. I don't want to miss out on our mashed potato bar lol but I feel like it will be one of the only chances we'll get for alone time during the day. And for sure I'm going to want to freshen up before the reception after standing in the sun for the ceremony and pics :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_reception-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cdd0f96b-e5c6-441b-9b00-0ddfcdb7ba57Post:9a08d61a-f4d6-4bd0-b4c0-b2623dc16827">Re: Reception entrance??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also going to my cocktail hour. Then when everyone moves in the reception room the DJ will announce the members of the bridal party who will have to line up to do the arm & bouquet arch for us to go under after we walk in. Then the bridal party will step back & we will go right in to our first dance. P. S. Is anyone doing a "fun" entrance? We may be walking in to FH's favorite sport's team's arena song .... Not really what I had in mind, but it's the ONE thing he seems to really want lol On the bright side, it's celebratory & upbeat so we will do some triumphant fist pumping as we enter haha<div>
    </div><div>Kerry: My FI wanted to so our grand entrance to "Enter Sandman," which is apparently Mariano Rivera's (Yankees) entrance song. I vetoed because it is ANGRY sounding lol. However we are doing our recessional to "New York New York," which is the song they alwasy play when the Yankees win. So he got his Yankees in there somewhere :-)
    Posted by kerryberry13[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • No gran entrance for us either...We're doing a first look and taking ALL photos before the wedding, so we'll just walk back down the aisle and enjoy cocktail hour like everyone else.  :)  As a wedding photog, almost ervy wedding I've worked with a grade entrance, the couple goes right into their first dance, then parent dances, and then dinner and toasts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kerryberry-We too will be walking into his favorite team's song!! It was his one request as well, and it is upbeat and fun so I'm okay with it! The things we do for the ones we love ;)

We will mingle during cocktail hour (not doing a traditional welcome line) and then go back out in the hall entrance as the DJ asks everyone to sit down for entrances. We will go directly to our seats and make a speech thanking everyone for coming then our MOH and BM will give their speeches during dinner. We will cut the cake after we eat, then do our first dance, mother/son dance, father/daughter dance and then never ever leave the dance floor! Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At most weddings the bride and groom walk in and do the first dance. Then usually people eat. My FI and I will also be going to the cocktail hour (which I see is a trend!) so we will already be there. We will still have a "grand" entrance and just mingle like everyone else does. then dinner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards