July 2013 Weddings

Save The Date Dilemma

I like one, FH really likes another and I am not sure what to do. I am leaning towards giving him the one he likes because it still has the major element that I really like. For reference. .  here is the one that inspired me:

and the one he loves:

He things the "FREE CAKE" is hilarious and fun. 

So, based on those here is what I came up with for us to DIY at home:

& #2

They both have the small envelope that our guests will open and pull out a miniature banner of our date, along with some confetti for fun. :) 

What do you think? Is it okay to go a little playful with the Save the Date if our invites/wedding are going to be more on the formal side?

*edited to remove our last names from the images, I am an air head*

Re: Save The Date Dilemma

• edited June 2012
    I voted fo the fun one! Our Std is in no way formal but our wedding will be. Personslly I don't mind if one is one way and the invite or day of is the other. I say have some fun! If I saw free cake advertised anywhere you can bet Id show up :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I know I would definitely appreciate the humor in fun one! AND I like your creation better than the original! It looks fabulous!!!! :)
  • I love the fun one! Anything different is always nice, it throws people off a bit and will give them a good chuckle! :)
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Personally I prefer the fun one, but if you're going for a super formal wedding you may want super formal STDs.  Although, STDs are a bit of a newer thing so I'm not really sure exactly how formal you can get with one.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • edited June 2012
    very cute. love the fun one, and they way you incorporated both ideas!! i also ALMOST did the mini envelope one! love them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards