September 2012 Weddings
Options

AW: Flower Girl Wand?!?

I have to stop looking at Etsy!! hahaI was going to have the flower girl carry a pomander (kissing ball) but I found these beautiful wands that have the feather aspect I LOVE and are just darling!! Aren't they pretty???!

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: AW: Flower Girl Wand?!?

• Options
    yes they are adorable!  not really related... but I found these on etsy that I love...
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/88036111/set-of-50-personalized-rustic-heart
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    those are cute too :)
  • Options
    OMG how cute is that!!!!!  I want one for me.  hahah.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_aw-flower-girl-wand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:65f7badc-694b-417c-9338-71e4780edfe4Post:c398a0d4-3d54-4fe2-bfc5-6d1cb2ddcae1">Re: AW: Flower Girl Wand?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG how cute is that!!!!!  I want one for me.  hahah.
    Posted by DirtyWater[/QUOTE]

hahaha i thought that too!! forget the flower girl! lol
  • Options
    Those are too cute!  Too bad I don't have any flower girls!
  • Options
    Those send off wands are cute too.

So how do you find these things?  Do you just search a particular item or a category?  I've never had much luck on there unless I'm searching something specific.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Those are so cute. Neither FI or I know any girls so we have no flower girl:-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_aw-flower-girl-wand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:65f7badc-694b-417c-9338-71e4780edfe4Post:6bb21eed-9b0a-4407-84cc-df5ebf651318">Re: AW: Flower Girl Wand?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those send off wands are cute too. So how do you find these things?  Do you just search a particular item or a category?  I've never had much luck on there unless I'm searching something specific.
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

At first I just searched pomander and then I spotted one with feathers, so I searched feather pomander. The wand just came up in the search as well :)
    I also go into shops that have items I like just to see what else they have. The shop that sells this wand has some gorgeous bouquets!
  • Options
    I think the wand is adorable, but dangerous for the ceremony!  I can just see her swinging her wand around during your vows and tapping bridesmaids behinds with it!  I wouldn't give them to the flower girls until the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_aw-flower-girl-wand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:65f7badc-694b-417c-9338-71e4780edfe4Post:f129192f-6d15-44b4-b97c-ff2a73035741">Re: AW: Flower Girl Wand?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the wand is adorable, but dangerous for the ceremony!  I can just see her<strong> swinging her wand around during your vows and tapping bridesmaids behinds with it!</strong>  I wouldn't give them to the flower girls until the reception.
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]

This. 

When I was a florist we would always ask the bride the ages of the FG.  Pomanders are cute for little ones, but past age 4 or so it can become a swinging weapon.  Same goes for wands.  I really like the halo look and a basket with an arrangement of flowers like the bridesmaids.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    They are adorable! I love them! 
    I am an Etsy addict lol 
  • Options
    The flower girl will be 6 by September and she's very mature so I'm not too worried about it. Actually, my son and her will be the only children at the wedding.
    It will eaither be the wand or the kissing ball; I'm really not a fan of the baskets.
  • Options
    I vote kissing ball, but I think it will be adorable either way :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    my flower girls are having wands and wreaths for their hair, my niece will be almost 2 @ my wedding and FI nice will be 6.  Both of their moms are Bridesmaids, and the 6 year olds sister is a Jr. Bridesmaid.  I'm not worried about it being a weapon, if anything I think they will sit in front of thier moms and look cute or scoot over with the grandmas.  They are both super well behaved!
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_aw-flower-girl-wand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:65f7badc-694b-417c-9338-71e4780edfe4Post:e5b97ac7-b931-4e23-bbd7-56264ab14aad">Re: AW: Flower Girl Wand?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my flower girls are having wands and wreaths for their hair, my niece will be almost 2 @ my wedding and FI nice will be 6.  Both of their moms are Bridesmaids, and the 6 year olds sister is a Jr. Bridesmaid.  I'm not worried about it being a weapon, if anything I think they will sit in front of thier moms and look cute or scoot over with the grandmas.  They are both super well behaved!
    Posted by meagandal[/QUOTE]

awwwww - so cute!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards