September 2012 Weddings
Options

Who's wearing a veil?

So in all the hype I got convinced to wear a chapel and blusher veil. Now, I'm second guessing myself I guess because it's the theme of the week (seriously!) Sooo... who's wearing one?

Re: Who's wearing a veil?

• Options
    I'm doing a single layer probably elbow length veil.  No blusher, just something simple over my hair.  This is the look I'm going for.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    I am wearing a finger tip length veil with this dress below:

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I'm wearing one for the ceremony only.  My grandmother cried her eyes out when I said I didn't want one, so I'm doing it to please her.
  • Options
    I am but it is SUPER simple.  It comes down just to my elbows and is only one layer.  No embellishments or anything.  My dress has elaborate beading though so I didn't want my veil to take away from that.  I think it just softened my shoulders nicely.  I honestly bought it for almost nothing at Joann Fabrics.  The picture below I think is the stock picture but I'll wear it on the top of my head.  Since it is simple I am wearing a headband with it (below) that matches my dress.  I personally don't like how blushers look once they are back with the multiple layers which is why I one without.  I like them when they are over the face and I think the pics where the groom is under the blusher too are super cute but I knew most of the time it would be behind my head and that's too poofy for my style.  Personal prefernce though. 

• Options
    Oh, and I really like blushers even though I'm not wearing one! Rock it!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I am wearing a very simple cathedral length cut edge veil (nothing too dramatic and no blusher) just slightly past the train on my dress that has tiny crystal embellishments scattered throughout. I wish I had a pic but I only tried it on once before ordering it and it has not come in yet but it accents my dress very well and it just made the dress feel complete when I put it on.

Originally I was undecided about wearing one but once I tried the actual one on with the dress I knew I had to have it atleast for the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

if i can find one for less than $200
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-a-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:bf3af087-c44d-4637-b788-8c63ca52b8bfPost:85f75481-cf2c-4bfb-ab3b-9704dd64cf6b">Re: Who's wearing a veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I really like blushers even though I'm not wearing one! Rock it!
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay, I'm feeling ons better already you guys! And, btw, I love your dress!!! =)</div><div>
    </div><div>It's just weird because I went to the store thinking "no veils" and ended up with two. I actually love how blusher's look back, too, but I've seen so many posts bashing veils (especially blushers) that I'm like... am I going to look stupid and outdated??? I think it's a fact of I haven't tried them on since November. Like the dress, I think I just need to put them on and remember how pretty I felt. =P</div>
  • Options
    I'm wearing a chapel length veil! I'm all for veils. :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am hoping to only do this once so I figured why the hell not. I actually bought mine on the classifieds board for $25 and it is beautiful. When I get home from work I will take a picture and post it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wearing a veil for the ceremony, and then I'll probably switch it out for a fancy comb or headband. I thought that I would have a veil on the shorter side, but when I tried on my dress, they gave me a simple, one-layer cathedral length one and I loved it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am still trying to decide if I want to wear a veil. I love the back of my dress and don't really want to cover it, but my mom was rather upset when I said I wasn't wearing one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DD is wearing a feather fasinator with a very small birdcage.... think very retro 40ish look. She has short hair and it reall accents her bone structure.
  • Options
    I'm wearing a Cathedral length veil with blusher.  Very traditional.  But I'm also getting married in a Cathedral, so it kind of makes sense. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to wear one, but then decided not too, I am having an outdoor wedding and there is no meaning behind it for me, so I returned it.
  • Options
    I am wearing a simple shoulder length with nothing fancy to it. Its actually the veil that my mentor wore and I am borrowing it from her.
  • Options
    I am wearing a very simple cathedral length veil WITH a blusher.

I just felt like a bride when I put these two on, and I had to go for it!!
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
  • Options
    I'm wearing a two-tier fingertip veil with scalloped edges.  The edges have beading and embroidered details.  I love love love my veil-- I picked it before I found my dress.  Every dress I tried on got knocked down if it didn't go with the veil haha
  • Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am wearing one that is single layer with little embelishment... notthing to complex and only for the ceremony
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-a-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:bf3af087-c44d-4637-b788-8c63ca52b8bfPost:2fb259c8-5c0a-4836-a535-c7980ceae921">Re: Who's wearing a veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wearing one for the ceremony only.  My grandmother cried her eyes out when I said I didn't want one, so I'm doing it to please her.
    Posted by DirtyWater[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly! My grandma also cried so I am wearing a two layer veil with rhinestones and pearl detailing.  It is not very long, I would not even say to the elbow.</div>
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As of right now simple cathedral lenght and a hair piece/flower thing...I haven't picked that out yet.
  • Options
    I just got mine from Valu Veils (clicky) it was only $16 with shipping. I just wanted a simple one tier fingertip length. It is attached to the hair clip with velcro so once I get my hair done, I can take the veil part off so I don't get it caught on anything before the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am wearing an elbow length drop veil. I still have to find it though! I am I love with the Grace Kelly look. http://www.idesignlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/grace-kelly-bride-790440.jpg
  • Options
    As the lone no vote I feel compelled to post. Quite honestly, I don't feel like it. That's all! I have no objection to veils, they just don't feel like "me." 

I am probably going to be wearing something like this but it is very much TBD. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm with ya celtic! I am not wearing one, my wedding isn't formal at all (outdoor) and I don't think it will "match" but if I was having my ceremony in a church I probably would. And they seem like a pretty easy DIY... tulle and a headband?
  • Options
    I am wearing a Cathedral Viel that the salon I bought my dress at gifted to me.  Its English net, cut edge and has very small swarovski crystals scattered along the edges. 

I wanted a bird cage initially but didn't FI doesn't like them, and once they put it on me with my dress I was sold. I do want to find a blusher, or short blusher veil.I'm obsessed with Sara Gabriel veils

especially this one clicky
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a very simple single layer ivory veil that comes to my elbows. I found it, on a whim, at DB while shopping for BM dresses. It was $20 so I bought it.

I wanted a lace veil, but my dress is all ivory lace and it looked like too much. BUT, I wonder it maybe it was just that I didn't like any of the ones at the bridal salon. I think I'm going to keep looking, because I love them so much.

I tried a birdcage veil, but I couldn't get it to sit right.
  • Options
    I actually just posted about this on my local board. I always envisioned myself in a birdcage veil because I LOVE them, but I ended up buying a 2-tier elbow length veil with a blusher. I didn't even try on a birdcage. My dad is very traditional and wants to do the whole lifting of the veil thing, hence the blusher. I plan on only wearing the veil for the ceremony and then switching to a fascinator of some sort.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-a-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:bf3af087-c44d-4637-b788-8c63ca52b8bfPost:7cfd30cf-7670-44c1-bc23-fedf78f82b0a">Re: Who's wearing a veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As the lone no vote I feel compelled to post. Quite honestly, I don't feel like it. That's all! I have no objection to veils, they just don't feel like "me."  I am probably going to be wearing something like this but it is very much TBD. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<font color="#999999">Your not the only one. I honestly just don't want to wear one either. I'm wearing a red flower hair clip with a red feather. </font>
  • Options
    I'm wearing a simple finger tip veil, as well. I don't want to take away from my dress, but I just couldn't picture getting married without one.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards