Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save the date email not received by some guests

How can I tell who got the save the date email and who didn't.  We have received some rsvp's but heard from other guests who didn't get the email.  I confirmed the email addresses with them and they are correct but even re-sending the save the date didn't get through either.  They all seem to use comcast.net.  Is this a known problem?  How do I know who got it and who didnt?  This seemed to be a perfect and econonical way to announce our destination wedding but now I'm not sure! 

Re: Save the date email not received by some guests

• Options
    People shouldn't be RSVPing to save the dates.  Honestly it would be something with the type of file you used and the host.  I would just send those people paper invited or see if they have an alternative email.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well, people aren't really supposed to RSVP to save the dates - you're not inviting them anywhere, just letting them know that there's an event coming up and that you plan to invite them.

Were you using the STD to get travel info out as well, since it's a destination wedding? If that's the case people don't need to RSVP but will need that information. For those that did not get the email, I would just make a little note, or even make a phone call if they're close family/friends, and give them the necessary information.

You will still need to send formal invitations to everyone who got a save the date, so I wouldn't worry too much about guest counts at this point.
  • Options
    Completely disregarding the whole RSVP thing to a save the date...

It is most likely that The Knot (or whoever sent out the save the dates for you) was marked as spam by Comcast so any e-mail coming from @theknot.com (or whatever it was) will not be delivered to inboxes.

This happens occasionally at work and we get blacklisted from certain providers, hotmail, msn, yahoo, etc.  Our IT department has to take care of it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Because the wedding is a "destination wedding" and most likely a lot of our out of state/out of the country guests will not be coming, we wanted to give them the link to the wedding website and all the hotel/travel info so they could make an informed choice on their reservations and not miss out on the discounted hotel rooms and early airfares!  The save the date email seemed the best way to do this and also give us an early indication of who may be coming by using the RSVP link on the wedding website so we can block additional accommodations if needed!  It looks like we may have to follow up with a mailed "save the date" if we hear that a lot more people didn't get their emails because of spam blockers but the email was linked to my email address which has worked fine in the past.  Obviously, our formal invitations will be sent out in a few months so we will have firmer numbers then. Thanks for all of your input though! 
  • Options
    Its not a matter of doing it wrong!  I was told by several guests that they had not received the save the date email and they all were with comcast so it seems its a spam problem with the server!  I was just concerned if anybody else had a server that blocked emails from going through (even though my mailbox shows that all emails were "sent"), and don't know how to confirm that they actually received the email.  We are planning to send mailed invitations by they way and would be happy to receive responses by email if the guest chose to do it that way instead of returning an RSVP in the mail!   Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    kirbeaarkirbeaar member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We have the same issue - last night we sent out a "update" to all guests & they ALL bounced back.

It looks like TheKnot.com has been blacklisted by Spamhaus.

Any ideas on how to resolve? I have not been able ot find a direct contact to TheKnot to assist.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The only way we got around this with our save the date email was to attach the website to an email and send direct from our personal email account.  A few still bounced back but we think mostly because of incorrect email address.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards