Wedding Invitations & Paper

Question-Please help!!

What is the approximate wait time you give a guest between sending out an invitation and your RSVP date?
Thanks!!

Re: Question-Please help!!

• Invites go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding.

For your RSVP date, figure out when you need your headcount (usually around 10 days out) and back up about a week.  A month out is about the earliest you can ask for an RSVP.
  • Our wedding is April 23rd.  I'm aiming to send invitations out February 26th (8 weeks), and RSVPs are due April 2nd (3 weeks out).  Our headcount is due 8 days before the wedding. 

You want to leave yourself time to track down errant RSVPs, since it's the very rare bride who gets a 100% response rate.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Our invites went out around 9/7 and our RSVP name was 10/9 or so. We didn't need the headcount until about a week before the wedding, but this gave us a few weeks of extra time in case we had to track people down.
    imageimageimage
  • Unfortunately we need to provide our headcount and pay the balance 30 days before the wedding, so I would like to have the invites back 6 weeks before. I know this is not ettiquette but, I don't know what else to do.
  • Have you tried to negotiate that with your venue at all?  Telling them 30 days in advance seems absurd.  Can you tell them something at 30 days and then adjust a week later?  That way you could say "Minimum 80, Max 100", and then finalize once you hear from the last 20 people.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Good Idea! I meet with them in January, I will ask then. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards