Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save the Date & Invitation location wording

So my side of the family and most of my friends live all the way on the other side of the country. We're sending our Save the Dates before we've secured our wedding venue so that our family and friends, particularly those that would have to travel far, can make travel plans now. We still have 14 months before we get married. We know we're getting married within a radius of 45 minutes of where we live, which is also where the closest airport is (besides Richmond, D.C., Greensboro, and Charlotte). My question is: for the Save the Dates and invitations, do we have to put the same city? Or can we put the city where we currently live on the Save the Dates and the city we'll be getting married in on the invitations? Or will that cause too much confusion? Thanks!

Re: Save the Date & Invitation location wording

• Options
    I think putting the city you currently live in is fine for people who are OOT because it lets them know a good estimate of how far they have to travel so they can start planning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    You are sending out your STDs before you have a venue secured? Are you going to chose your venue by dates available then and not by what you like? I ask only because I think its a bit risky to send out STDs when you do not actually have a date locked in.  But to answer your question I do think putting the city you currently live in would be just fine.  That does give guests enough of an idea for travel time, hotel accommodations, etc and of course you will have the exact location by the time you have the invitations set so it should work out fine.  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I hope you can get a venue for your date.

But in answer to your question, just putting the city is fine. 
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I would not send STDs until you've finalized all the details. That's just asking for trouble.

They shouldn't go out until 6-9 months in advance anyway, so you still have loads of time to figure out your plans before they need to be sent.
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards