Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do I need invitations and Save the Dates?

I am getting married in Italy in October and all of the family that is going have already booked their airfare and secured rooms.  I am not inviting anyone else.  Do I need to send invites to the family that is already going?

Re: Do I need invitations and Save the Dates?

• Options
    You should send invitations to everyone you are inviting, yes. Save-the-Dates are not necessary. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Would it be weird to get an invite to something they already have their plane tickets to? If we follow the rules we would send them out in September...we have already booked the tickets, paid for the rooms, rented the cars. It started off as a family vacation that I wanted to treat all of our kids to. We then decided to get married while we were over there and let everyone who was already going that it was happening. What would the invite say? I'm definitely struggling with this.
  • Options
    A friend gave me a great idea for this question since my situation is a little different than just a standard destination wedding.  

I purchased all of the tickets, rooms, cars and train reservations for our kids and their SO's, my parents and my brother and his family as a family vacation that I planned and arranged. We were already going to be there and added the wedding after the fact. Invitations at this point is weird, and I won't be sending them. The etiquette guides really don't cover all of the bases and times really have changed.

About 6 weeks before we leave, I am going to send a box with travel related items(TSA locks, money belts, etc.) and a note that says "We are so excited for you to share this amazing time with us."

I am so looking forward to being with my family and making this wonderful experience for them. The less complications and rules that someone else wrote will make for a very easygoing time made just for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards