Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Belly band instead of inner envelope

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on using a belly band in place of an inner envelope? The invitation I ordered has an option to add a belly band, which I would be fine with, except that I really want to somehow do inner addressing.

I haven't seen any pictures of this done, but do you think it would look ok to write the guests names on the band? There will be an outer envelope as well.

Example:
      Outer: Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and family
      Belly band: John and Jane, Jack and Jill

Also, do you think it would look ok handwritten? My outer envelopes will be addressed by hand.

Any tips on how to get by without an inner envelope?

Re: Belly band instead of inner envelope

• Options
    You can certainly use a belly band like an inner envelope in terms of addressing. 

It would look fine handwritten, but you could also print small pieces of cardstock with guests' names and affix those to the belly bands as a way of addressing them. It also helps to conceal where the belly band is attached. 

For your addressing, it's not necessary to put "and family" on the outer envelope. Just address it to Mr. and Mrs. John Smith. On the inner, list the parents on one line and the kids on the next line. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards