Wedding Invitations & Paper

FAQs & Invitations Faux Paus

124»

Re: FAQs & Invitations Faux Paus

• Hello Everyone, 

Is this board still actively moderated? Either way, I have a very quick etiquette question. My FH and I are getting married in Rhode Island - close to his CT family but far for my MI family. My mom really wants to throw a celebration in our honor the weekend following the wedding in MI. How would I word this on the invitation? I feel like the logistics of RSVP's are going to be a bit crazy. For example: Does someone who is not going to the wedding have to decline that invite and then accept the Detroit one? Or for FH family.. would they have to decline the MI if they are attending the RI ceremony/reception? 

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? My mom wants to invite everyone from MI side of the family to the wedding- knowing that only about 30/150 people are willing to travel (she already did a census when asking for addresses)- but then also give everyone the choice of everything.  

Can anyone help me with the wording and/or give me advise on how to facilitate this?

I hope this makes sense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've invited most of my mom's aunts and uncles, since they were a huge part of my life. We visited often. However, there is one Uncle of my Mom's that wasn't  really around. We only saw him at funerals of his mother and his sister (my grandmother) really. Is it okay to not invite him? 
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_faqs-invitations-faux-paus-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e4ae8048-5357-4ab0-a816-d42e143286ccPost:59f009a6-f8d1-49d3-a9cd-97262bf9720a">Re: FAQs & Invitations Faux Paus</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, What do you do if a guest has told you they cannot attend after they received yoru save the date.  Do you still send an invite?
    Posted by polenamp[/QUOTE] <div>
    </div><div>Yes! I have been informing them they will still get a formal invite.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_faqs-invitations-faux-paus-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e4ae8048-5357-4ab0-a816-d42e143286ccPost:0d0ee67c-1362-485b-a05b-0bb6cee9dea2">Re: FAQs & Invitations Faux Paus</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FAQs & Invitations Faux Paus : I sent emails, facebook messages, and pestered my grandma and the MIL for addresses. I am not sending out invites for months, but I have a running word doc of all invites and addresses. I started getting addresses early so I have less of a chance of becoming obnoxious by pestering everybody for addresses days before the invites must be sent! When it is getting close to the time to mail invites, I'll ask for any address updates via email, facebook, or relatives. Congrats!
    Posted by Amy+Chris[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a MOB, but doing a lot of the planning and detail work for my daughter's wedding.  She and I have a running googledoc where I uploaded the excel spreadsheet of the guest list.  That way both of us can work on it, add the addresses as we get them, and the other one can see what addresses we're still missing.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards