May 2013 Weddings

QOTD 9/24

2»

Re: QOTD 9/24

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_qotd-924?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1021461b-846b-4ca5-a2c7-2df716bdc760Post:9c765967-805c-4929-b57a-fdf73f8f41d0">Re: QOTD 9/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 9/24 : There's nothing wrong with wanting a drink but if a couple can't afford to pay for alcohol, then you as a guest either pay for it or (if you feel you have to have it to function, which says there's a deeper issue), don't go to the wedding!
    Posted by Pnutbutr[/QUOTE]

<div>Here's the thing.  If you can't afford to host your guests properly, then maybe it's time to tone down your wedding in one way or another.  I'd never even think to invite people over to my house without at least having wine on hand, why on earth should a wedding be any different?  You can cut your guest list, find a wedding that will allow you to bring in your own alcohol, there are a thousand different ways to keep the costs down.  An unwillingness to try and host your guests properly makes you the douche.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_qotd-924?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1021461b-846b-4ca5-a2c7-2df716bdc760Post:21a1c84b-1dd5-4235-b2d3-db2151c98461">Re: QOTD 9/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 9/24 : Here's the thing.  If you can't afford to host your guests properly, then maybe it's time to tone down your wedding in one way or another.  I'd never even think to invite people over to my house without at least having wine on hand, why on earth should a wedding be any different?  You can cut your guest list, find a wedding that will allow you to bring in your own alcohol, there are a thousand different ways to keep the costs down.  An unwillingness to try and host your guests properly makes you the douche.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Isn't having a cash bar a way of toning down? Everyone have to figure out for themselves where to cut back whether it's the guest list (this was where we cut), how much they spend on stds or invites, etc.
    Your statement is a matter of opinion, so is mine. I just hope you guys will kind of go easy on MamaBear and others who aren't going by so called "wedding etiquette". That's all :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_qotd-924?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1021461b-846b-4ca5-a2c7-2df716bdc760Post:cb80fbcf-cfb4-4b56-bef3-a731bb5a95e0">Re: QOTD 9/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 9/24 : Isn't having a cash bar a way of toning down? Everyone have to figure out for themselves where to cut back whether it's the guest list (this was where we cut), how much they spend on stds or invites, etc. Your statement is a matter of opinion, so is mine. I just hope you guys will kind of go easy on MamaBear and others who aren't going by so called "wedding etiquette". That's all :)

<div>A cash bar is not toning it down.  You can cut other places.  You don't have to have a full bar.  But it is completely rude to expect your guests to pay for their own drinks.  </div><div>
    </div><div>As far as "so-called 'wedding etiquette'" it's there for a reason, to ensure that you host your guests properly.</div><div>
    </div><div>There are two times it would be completely acceptable to have a dry wedding - 1. You or your FI are recovering alcoholics, or 2. Alcohol is against your religion.  Note that in both situations, your guests will obviously have a heads up before the wedding because they know you, and that's how you guys are.  You aren't being cheap here, you're acting in accordance to your health and beliefs.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_qotd-924?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1021461b-846b-4ca5-a2c7-2df716bdc760Post:cb80fbcf-cfb4-4b56-bef3-a731bb5a95e0">Re: QOTD 9/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 9/24 : Isn't having a cash bar a way of toning down? Everyone have to figure out for themselves where to cut back whether it's the guest list (this was where we cut), how much they spend on stds or invites, etc. Your statement is a matter of opinion, so is mine. I just hope you guys will kind of go easy on MamaBear and others who aren't going by so called "wedding etiquette". That's all :)
    <div>
    </div><div>I'd just like to point out that etiquette isn't based on opinion.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't think this discussion was "hard on" anyone until you strolled in name-calling and throwing insults around.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Someone asked why it's rude to have a cash bar and I explained why it's considered to be rude. End of story. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_qotd-924?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:1021461b-846b-4ca5-a2c7-2df716bdc760Post:52cb2f00-0ea0-4247-9cf5-a8c59e73cab6">Re: QOTD 9/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 9/24 : I'd just like to point out that etiquette isn't based on opinion.   I don't think this discussion was "hard on" anyone until you strolled in name-calling and throwing insults around.   Someone asked why it's rude to have a cash bar and I explained why it's considered to be rude. End of story. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Got it, sorry :)
  • Rudest comment I have received was someone told me I was weird for not having a flower girl and ring bearer. We don't have any age appropriate kids in the family and I'm not risking sending a 2 year old down the aisle. And I'm not gonna ask a distant relative or not close friend to use their kid for the day!
    Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Rudest comment I have received was someone told me I was weird for not having a flower girl and ring bearer. We don't have any age appropriate kids in the family and I'm not risking sending a 2 year old down the aisle. And I'm not gonna ask a distant relative or not close friend to use their kid for the day!
    Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards