May 2013 Weddings

Booked a venue/intro post! :D

Hi! I don't know if anyone here is doing intro posts, but I couldn't help myself. I'm Lindsey, marrying Doug in North Carolina. We're 27-yr-old (28 when we marry!) students in healthcare & we'll graduate a few weeks before our wedding! 

We booked a venue for May 25, 2013 -- 18 months to the day after he proposed (and 29 months to the day after we started dating!). It's a beautiful modern barn next to a lake and surrounded by trees. There is a gazebo over the lake & a huge outdoor fireplace. Best of all, the upstairs part of the barn is really nice & has room for 18 people to sleep!! 

I'm hoping to have a secular outdoor ceremony under the trees, a maypole dance, and a super fun reception. Our colors will be sage & lavender, though we want it to be mostly white/ivory with pops of color. The idea we're going for is rustic/romantic. We're toying with the idea of weaving/braiding a rope during the ceremony to symbolize the structure of our lives together (woven together rather than running parallel--a metaphor he used once when talking about how we could work together to prevent falling apart the way my parents did), but I don't want it to be mistaken for a God's knot. 

I kind of already have a photographer & we are pretty sure of the caterer we want, but other than that, everything's up in the air! Looking forward to getting advice from you ladies as we go through this together!! :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booked a venue/intro post! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards