May 2012 Weddings
Options

Are you doing introductions for the WP?

This post on the Reception board got me rethinking this: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-party-introductions-fun-or-lame

The only wedding I've been in is my sister's, and the only thing I remember is the punch and meatballs lol (it was almost 10 years ago and I literally just showed up and stood where they told me to). So I can't remember, as a wedding party member, what I thought about this tradition. Thoughts? We're thinking about skipping it.

Poll just b/c I've never done one =D
Anniversary

Re: Are you doing introductions for the WP?

• Options
    I think the introductions can be fun and that is the point of them, not so much to really let the guests know who these people are, but for them to have alittle fun. It's not something that has to be super formal either. Our WP is being introduced as Shake Your Groove Thing is played so they can dance and be silly. After all the stuffy-ness of the ceremony they can be silly for a moment and set the mood for the rest of the reception. You aren't required to introduce the WP but I feel that you asked these people to be a part of your special day so why not let them have alittle fun in the process!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    We are doing it.  I'm not sure why exactly, it is just something that has always been done when I've been in weddings, and I think it is fun!
  • Options
    We are doing them but a little differently. Our BM and GM don't know eachother at all so I'm not making them walk in as "couples" We only have 3 girls and 3 guys so I'm going to have each group come out and have the DJ announce "the ladies of the wedding party..." and the "guys of the wedding party..."
    Photobucket
  • Options
    we aren't because we're having a small wedding, 55ish people and we have 8 bridal party members. we'll be doing an entrance but thats about it. 
  • Options

We are not, we will have someone "welcome the wedding party" as a whole, but not individual introductions, thier names and how they are connected to us is in the program, so I think thats enough.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_are-you-doing-introductions-for-the-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2343ab47-9b6a-4073-b975-e70647831ea7Post:5f191d2e-28e4-4e43-a447-61b8747ee3a8">Re: Are you doing introductions for the WP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing them but a little differently. Our BM and GM don't know eachother at all so I'm not making them walk in as "couples" We only have 3 girls and 3 guys so I'm going to have each group come out and have the DJ announce "the ladies of the wedding party..." and the "guys of the wedding party..."
    Posted by DianaL616[/QUOTE]

This is a VERY good idea!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've been flip flopping about this for awhile now. I'm really not sure! The two guys and my two BMs know each other, but my sister is the MOH and doesn't really know anyone and when I was in her wedding I had to walk in arm-and-arm with her MOH's fiance and it was really awkward for me. Given I was a teenager, but I still remember feeling really uncomfortable. 

I think I like the idea of maybe having everyone just walk out together in a group and saying here's the WP! And then announcing me and H alone after. 
  • Options
    I figured our wedding party will be mingling during cocktail hour after the main photos are done, while we are doing our photos, so I just want to be announced as "the new Mr & Mrs" when we join everyone. (Plus small wedding, 50 ppl and only 2 each BM & GM)
  • Options
    We're not- Me and FI hate a ton of attention like that, and our WP isn't super extroverted. I think they'll appreciate not having the pressure. We're just going to go to the cocktail hour and move into dinner with everyone else.
  • Options
    I want the people close to me to have their 5 seconds of fame and to feel important..so yes were doing introductions
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We're probably doing them. We only have 3 people in the WP, so going out as couples wouldn't work...but I know all three of them would love dancing silly to "Let Me Clear my Throat"! So, I can't let FI and I steal all of the attention! I'm thinking they can each come out individually, then FI and I will come out together.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_are-you-doing-introductions-for-the-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2343ab47-9b6a-4073-b975-e70647831ea7Post:5f191d2e-28e4-4e43-a447-61b8747ee3a8">Re: Are you doing introductions for the WP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing them but a little differently. Our BM and GM don't know eachother at all so I'm not making them walk in as "couples" We only have 3 girls and 3 guys so I'm going to have each group come out and have the DJ announce "the ladies of the wedding party..." and the "guys of the wedding party..."
    Posted by DianaL616[/QUOTE]

<div>This is how we're doing it as well, introducing them in two groups. I think it will be more fun for them (I've always hated being paired up with a random groomsman) and it will go by a little more quickly. </div>
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are definitely doing bridal party intros and our bridal team is pretty excited about it! We'll be entering to "Now that we found Love" by Heavy D and we'll be entering Soul Train style (like the ending of the movie HITCH)
    here's an example of what we're doing Clicky --- /> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPnVL41N_c
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yes...my wp is already coming up with crazy fun ideas to come in...example one of my bms is wearing my fi hot dog costume from his business ha! Im so exited our wp is just a silly outgoing group of people! They walking into bust a move!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_are-you-doing-introductions-for-the-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2343ab47-9b6a-4073-b975-e70647831ea7Post:f2564881-3a1a-4852-bfea-32859b976d17">Re: Are you doing introductions for the WP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We're not- Me and FI hate a ton of attention like that, and our WP isn't super extroverted. </strong>I think they'll appreciate not having the pressure. We're just going to go to the cocktail hour and move into dinner with everyone else.
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

<div>This is part of the reason we are not doing introductions, plus it seems silly since most people know our WP or can ask someone if they are really curious. It's not really a big deal.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards