May 2012 Weddings
Options

Has Anyone...

Started your "day of" shot list for your photographer? I don't mean specific poses, but who will be in each family photo? I have no idea where to start...

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Has Anyone...

• Options
    I have, since we have a small wedding only 19 guests and no wedding party we want to get photos of everyone.  My family is never all together at one time so this will be a chance to get some nice family photos. I made a list and I plan to follow up with the photographer soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I tried to start mine a little while ago. But I didn't really know where to start either. I don't know where to stop exactly when it comes to taking pictures with family members.. Is it all family members?  Or just the ones I like ;) I think I may just stick to immediate and grandparents. My photographer just told me over the weekend that during down time she can set up a camera and take group photos of all of the guests that want them (these would be with out the bride and groom).

Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options
    lnvane00lnvane00 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I just did mine today also cuz i have my final meeting with my photog tonight. I'll just copy and paste what I have. I just made a list off the top of my head of pictures I didnt want to forget. Its all pretty much the normal pictures that are taken the day of, I just wanted a list to look at so we dont forget any in the chaos. And this list is pretty much just family.
    For wedding party pics, I actually saved pictures I found online and made a folder on my computer and printed all the pix in that file and we will have it with us while we are doing WP pics so we can have something to look at. Cause there are a lot of really cute WP pics I want to 'recreate'

Wedding Day Photo list
    -Bride and Groom with chalkboard sign
    -Bride Groom with Officiate (Mark)-Brides Garters
    -Father seeing the Bride for the first time
    -Bride with mother
    -Bride with father
    -Groom with mother
    -Groom with father
    -Bride with her parents and siblings
    -Groom with his parents and siblings
    -Groom with the best men
    -Bride and Groom with Grandparents
    -Bride with sisters
    -Bride with brothers
    -Bride Groom and both set of parents
    -Bride with Mother and Mother in law
    -Groom with Father and Father in law
    -Groom with Brides brothers

March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    The only list I gave my photog was the formals that we want in the church. 

Otherwise, I hired her for her creativity and candids. I feel like giving her a list of must have photos is somehow cramping her style. Plus, if you have a decent photog, they should know which photos to get. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've completed ours as well.  It's pretty lengthy only because I not only gave a complete rundown of what pics we want but, it also outlines the time each group is planning on being photographed.  I think it would be a lot to cut and paste here and it contains personal names but, if you would like me to email it to you, let me know! :)  
  • Options
    Will be doing mine soon..
  • Options
    Ours is pretty general.  We actually just provided the names of everyone, so the photog knew who was who.  Than gave a small list of specific pictures we wanted.  Other than that I'm letting him figure out what he wants and what will look great.  He's the professional.  I'm just the girl with the new name!
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_has-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:3d302535-d7f3-4214-99f9-fb6db5785692Post:b1951152-019e-47a0-a60b-3e5c2920de88">Re: Has Anyone...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The only list I gave my photog was the formals that we want in the church. </strong> Otherwise, I hired her for her creativity and candids. I feel like giving her a list of must have photos is somehow cramping her style. Plus, if you have a decent photog, they should know which photos to get. 
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! The only list I plan to give her are the family formals.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I gave her one a list of who I wanted pictures with (both before and after the ceremony) but not of specific poses.  Don't worry, it is easy!

Here is mine:

If there are images in this attachment, they will not be displayed.  Download the original attachment

Kim and Greg

No First Sight

Before the Ceremony

Kim alone

Kim with each bridesmaid individually

Kim with her sisters
    Kim with junior bridesmaids
    Kim with flower girl

Kim with Mom, Kim with Mom and sister, Kim with Dad and stepmom, Kim with Dad

Kim with all the bridemaids (adults)

Kim with all the female WP (including junior bridesmaids and FG)

Greg alone

Greg with each GM individually

Greg with ring bearer
    Greg with announcers of the bride and usher

Greg with Mom; Greg with Dad; Greg with brother and nephew; Greg with dad, brother, nephew

After the ceremony

Kim and Greg with Tom (officiant)

Kim and Greg

Kim and Greg and WP (everyone including kids)

Kim and Greg with WP (adults only)

Kim and Greg with Kim's siblings and nieces/nephews

Kim and Greg with Kim's siblings, nieces and nephews, dad and stepmom

Kim and Greg with Kim's siblings, nieces and nephews, mom and stepdad

Kim and Greg with both sets of siblings

Kim and Greg with Kim's mom and stepdad

Kim and Greg with Kim's dad and stepmom

Kim and Greg with Greg's dad

Kim and Greg with Greg's mom

Kim and Greg with all the parents

Kim and Greg with Greg's brother, SIL, niece and nephew

Kim and Greg with Greg's brother, SIL, niece, nephew, mom

Kim and Greg with Greg's brother, SIL, niece, nephew, dad

• Options
    Kim, thanks for sharing your list! That is super helpful!

We had a meeting with our photographer on site on Saturday, and when we said we hadn't started thinking about our shot list yet, she was still able to ask us a lot of questions about our family and friends to start giving her some ideas. FI's parents are divorced and the wedding will be the first time they've seen each other since the split; our photographer was very understanding and had a lot of good suggestions for how to handle that during picture time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards