May 2012 Weddings

need advice

a disaster made it so that i needed to find a new venue. I found a new venue but my invintations all have the old venues address. 

do i need to make all new invites? they were quite expensive and i love them but all the info is wrong now... do i just put in a card saying due to unforseen circumstances the wedding is at ______ venue? 
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: need advice

• Bummer, sorry to hear!

What do your invites look like, and where is the venue info?  I'd be worried that people might miss out on the loose card in the invites.  What if you had something printed on matching cardstock, or a coordinating color cardstock, and just used adhesive to attach it over the old address info?  If you post a pic of your invites we might be able to be more helpful =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    (i have photoshopped out last names and the address but i think youll get what i mean)

this is the front

(the gps corrdinates are wrong but im sure no one will notice that)

and this is the back

bit strange to have it two sided im sure but were having a doctor who themed wedding (fi and i are a bit strage our selves Laughing) and we thought this fit so perfectly
    address info would be right at the bottom
  • i hadnt done anything as far as envelope matched set yet because i knew two weeks after they came we were going to have a problem
  • I'm so sorry this happened.  Is it the venue's fault you had to change venues?  If so maybe you can get them to pay for new invites. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly, if you can find the money I'd make new ones. I would be really worried people may not see the insert or forget about it and end up at the wrong venue. If you cannot, I would put the insert in and try to make sure everyone knows of the switch. Sorry that happened and good luck!
  • I agree with the pp. it will be expensive, but really worth it in the long run!!
    imageAnniversary
  • I agree with Samantha...I would try to find labels or cardstock that match the invites and just put them over the old venue.  I would be afraid of a guest just tossing the insert.  If you're not in love with that idea, I think you need to try to find new invites.  The most inexpensive route to do this would probably be Vistaprint.  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_need-advice-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:6395ac8f-30c1-4403-8b65-d59fffa141fdPost:e91ccd40-8f10-4bdd-b45a-5716e35883d5">Re: need advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Samantha...<strong>I would try to find labels or cardstock that match the invites and just put them over the old venue. </strong> I would be afraid of a guest just tossing the insert.  If you're not in love with that idea, I think you need to try to find new invites.  The most inexpensive route to do this would probably be Vistaprint.  Good luck!
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I would do.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you do go with just the insert idea, I would be sure to call each guest that RSVP's to confirm with them that they know the correct location. It'll be more work on your part but it'll save from guests going to the wrong venue.

I think if you found a light grey cardstock and glued it to the bottom portion of the invite so that it extended from the wrong address all the way to the bottom of the paper it wouldn't look bad. Using the grey color would carry with the them and might actually end up looking nice. Just a thought though :)

I can understand not wanting to order all new invitations but I'd definitely contact your original venue and talk to them about some sort of compensation for losing out on so much 5 months before your wedding.

I'm so sorry this happen and keep us posted on what you decide!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • i think i may use the cardstock idea. or possibly some sort of lable. i have more invites than id be sending so i think ill try it on one of them and see how it will work. thanks guys

I cant really get compensation from the venue however because i was having the wedding at a family members home and her septic tank exploded there in the process of getting it fixed but she is not comfortable  with having over 90 people using her bathroom anf the cost of porta poties just isnt in our budget. even if it were my moh was just diagnosed with a sunlight alergy... nothings ever easy lol
  • I would re order them, sorry this happened.

• yall might be right im just gonna get new ones from vp as much as id hate to... but i found a groupon 17 for 70 so ill do that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards