The good news: 4 more sleeps!
The bad news: H was at doc today, we *thought* he'd get out of the boot today but doc says 3 more weeks.
More good news: We'd already devised a Plan B for the California leg of our trip so we'll still have a blast!
Our original plan/reservations for the California leg of the HM was to stay in Santa Monica at the beach, and take the bus over to Hollywood for a day to shop and play. Well we decided Sunday that if he was still going to be stuck in the boot, that we'd cancel the reservations at the beach and just stay in Hollywood instead. Much more there to do--museums, shops etc and he's ok to swim in a pool without the boot. So we scoped out hotels and found an awesome deal at a hotel around Universal Studios. 4 nights in the hotel and a 7 day pass to Universal Studios for only $615 total! We actually decided yesterday we were both digging plan B better and were probably going to change anyway, but the verdict from the doc definitely confirmed a change is in order!
In Vegas, we are seeing a Cirque de Soleil show Saturday night, Sunday we're getting a monorail pass and hopping up & down the Strip and checking out 3 exhibits: the Titanic Exhibit, the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, and an interactive CSI exhibit where you try to solve the case! Monday night we are seeing Phantom of the Opera which plays at our hotel: www.thevenetian.com/
And in Hollywood we'll definitely do at least a day at Universal, probably go up to the CItyWalk there one night, we're meeting a friend of mine for dinner one night, then shopping, eating and sightseeing! The hotel we just booked is this:www.beverlygarland.com/
WE. CAN'T. WAIT.