May 2012 Weddings
Options

Another Question - Parent Gifts

FI & I plan on getting our parents an album from the wedding. But, obviously we cannot give this to them at the RD when we give our WP their gifts. I do want to give our parents SOMETHING at the RD though. Any ideas of something small but meaningful we could get them? What are you ladies getting your parents?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another Question - Parent Gifts

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I found these hankies on etsy I thought was cute...the one for the father said something like "of all the walks we've taken, this is my favorite."
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/89004331/personalized-wedding-handkerchief-from

I'm not sure what to get my mom. Maybe a pretty piece (inexpensive) jewelry, like a necklace she can wear to the wedding or any day she chooses :)

ETA: the hankie will be useful too!
  • Options
    We were going to get my mom and step dad a gift card to the spa.  (their favorite present)  FI's dad and step mom we might just get a restaurant gift card?  FI would like to buy his moms flight, but I think for her we might send her an airline gift card and send it to her in advance?  Nothing super exciting or person, just things we think they would like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're also doing pictures afterwards, but at the RD we're giving the Moms embroidered hankies and the Dads cufflinks with pictures of us as children on them.
    There are pics and links in my planning bio.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're also doing the hankies (well, that's what I'm doing, I don't know what he's doing yet, heh). We're also going to pay for his parents hotel room for the weekend, and probably pay for my parents hotel room for the wedding night. I also got both my mom and his mom  MOB and MOG tote bags, and will probably fill his mom's with some stuff, but I can't wait to give my mom hers so I'm sending it this week, heh. :)
  • Options
    I bought my father cufflinks that say father of the bride and that I will always be his little girl.  FI got his father cufflinks.  I got my mom and his mom shirts that say Mother-of-the.... and then we got them picture frames with a poem and then they can put a picture in after the wedding.  We also plan to take both sets of parents out to eat before the wedding as a thank you!
    May 2012 Siggy ~ Favorite E-pic image
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_another-question-parent-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:88f9ba54-a821-4739-8c70-9b6ff35c9ae3Post:4e8a8418-0d6c-4bd2-ac59-0d2def8fc697">Re: Another Question - Parent Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found these hankies on etsy I thought was cute...the one for the father said something like "of all the walks we've taken, this is my favorite." <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/89004331/personalized-wedding-handkerchief-from" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/listing/89004331/personalized-wedding-handkerchief-from</a> I'm not sure what to get my mom. Maybe a pretty piece (inexpensive) jewelry, like a necklace she can wear to the wedding or any day she chooses :) ETA: the hankie will be useful too!
    Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

Oh Thank you Thank you for posting this etsy seller. The one with the lines from Robert Munch' s book is PERFECT for my mum. Her favourite book!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crap, I should figure out what to get our parents!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't think we're giving them anything at the RD.  I think after the wedding we're going to take them to a nice dinner & then give them their gift, which will be a photo album.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're giving them a gift card to their favorite restaurant. And I think we'll also get the moms a 'wedding charm' for their pandora bracelets.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We also did the hankies. We'll also do a gift card to their favorite restaurants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards