May 2012 Weddings
Options

im sure i remember you guys talking about this before but...

some of my coworkers are getting very excited about the wedding and i wanted to know what the etiquette on inviting them would be? Would i just put out one invite with 6 rsvp cards? (one per co worker)

however, all my invites were out before i started working there but they dont know that and with all the declines we have plenty of room... 

I mean is it rude to invite them now after all of the invites are out? even without the declines we have had we would have ample room... (hall can hold 200 we only have about 80 at most if everyone else says yes) and had i known them before i would have invited them

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: im sure i remember you guys talking about this before but...

• Options
    If you want them to be at your wedding, invite them. Give them each an invitation and include SOs as you would for any other wedding guest. I would be a little cautious about the boundary (e.g. inviting your team members only or only those with whom you work directly) otherwise you may end up with hurt feelings. 

Oh - and it would be advisable to not tell them that your invites have already been sent.

GL!
  • Options
    thanks!

there are only six employees at the buisness (i work at a group home)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree, I'd invite all 6 employees and let them have the option to each bring a date.  I'd give them each an invite if you have enough left.

I know people say A/B lists are rude, but I feel like co-workers are a different situation.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_im-sure-i-remember-you-guys-talking-about-this-before-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:b9093cd0-a84f-4a69-af5a-4c7b40a99920Post:b8e3915d-ceb0-43d9-ada8-c48acb997667">Re: im sure i remember you guys talking about this before but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, I'd invite all 6 employees and let them have the option to each bring a date.  I'd give them each an invite if you have enough left.<strong> I know people say A/B lists are rude, but I feel like co-workers are a different situation.
    </strong>Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

I agree. I typically hate a/b lists because it can offend people but I think as long as you didn't invite, for example, 2 of the co-workers, and now you are inviting the other 4, you should be ok. Your co-workers may not know that you sent the invites out already so I think you should be safe.

I agree with the PP, invite them all with a guest and give them each an invite, if you have extras.
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Just give each co-worker an invite with the guest option and they don't need to know that invites already went out.
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    I agree, I think you should go for it and invite them. I started a new job in August and would LOVE to invite my coworkers, but our guest list was set before that and unfortunately we are very tight on space, so I don't think we will be able to. But if I were in your situation, I would definitely still invite them. 
  • Options
    I think it's fine to invite them as you would any other guest.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards