May 2012 Weddings
Options

VENT! about bridal shower RSVP's

I was wondering if any of you other girls have run into this problem or something like it.
My bridal shower is March 31. One of my bridesmaids is throwing it for me and has pretty much done all the work herself. Considering I have 7 bridesmaids, I was surprised at that even though she's asked for help from them all.
Anyway, the RSVP date on the invite says March 16. So I text her last night and asked if anybody has RSVP'd for the shower. She replied back and said not a single person has RSVP'd. I was completely shocked!! I KNOW there are people coming and I have a good idea of who is coming. But I mean seriously! Not a single girl invited has RSVP'd?!
I cant believe the etiquette of people these days. They were invited to a shower which means they are special to me and me and my BM took the time to send them an invite. And they cant even send a text or email to her and say simply 'no i cant make it' or 'yes I'll be there'!!?
So then I had to go on a texting spree and get a-hold of nearly 30 people to see if they are coming. I just couldn't believe it... I'm so irritated and disappointed at the people I took the time to invite..

I just had to vent about this...
March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
For Sale Bio

Re: VENT! about bridal shower RSVP's

• Options
    Wow, that is rude of them to not RSVP at all! It's so frustrating when people can't do a simple thing like call/text & say they are or aren't coming!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had this happen. Most people I asked or when I saw they would mention it to me. There were just a few people who actually RSVP'd. I think most people think that is just if you aren't coming and then others just show up because they figure it doesn't matter. Either way I do find it rude and wish people were different but what can you do honestly!
  • Options
    My mom told me they had to stalk pretty much everyone! People just assumed that they knew they were coming!
  • Options
    People did the same thing for my shower and bachelorette party.  It was mostly my college friends who didn't RSVP.  I feel like the younger people thing RSVP is regrets only or something.  It's like if you get an invite RSVP ASAP  there is no point in waiting!!!
    May 2012 Siggy ~ Favorite E-pic image
  • Options
    I had this probelm w/FI's side.  The invitation clearly said to RSVP to my sister/MOH, and his side called FMIL.  She told me some of them, but she was also still instructing them to call my sister.  Some people are just rude and clueless.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok well I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for sharing your stories girls! <3
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    I know nothing about my shower but I can't believe no one has RSVPed to yours! People can be so weird about stuff like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't understand WHY people just don't send RSVPs back. Especially for wedding invites when you have provided them with a stamp and the address!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    same problem....only one BM did it all herself and EVERYTHING!!...but no RSVPs...ppl are rude!!
  • Options
    I think people just don't understand all that goes into planning these events.  They get busy, set aside the invite, forget about it until they stumble across it again and then are like, "oh yeah, so-and-so's shower is this Saturday".  Then they just show up!  They don't realize that food and drinks have to be purchased, space for everyone to sit has to be arranged, etc.  They are the same about the wedding RSVP's...they don't consider that you have to give a final count to the caterer by a certain time, and they especially don't realize how much it costs us if they decide at the last minute not to come, after saying they would!!  I have always been good about responding to people when being invited to something but, I am even MORE attentive to that now because of my own wedding.  It's sad that people are not more courteous!
  • Options
    People are annoying.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards